- BUSINESS ALERT. // Contract Journal;2/9/2005, Vol. 427 Issue 6511, p33
Presents a selection of leads from ABI Building Data bulletins for projects at pre-plan, detailed planning, tender, bidders known and bids accepted in Great Britain for the week ended February 9, 2005. Residential building construction plan of AMC New Homes in Anerley Park; Residential building...
- Market Square ground breaking 'firm'. // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p13
The article reports on the ground breaking of the condominium project in the Market Square Center in Indianapolis, Indiana. Mayor Bart Peterson said that the August 2005 ground breaking is fixed. The extension of date allows Market Square Partners to close on its purchase of materials needed for...
- Costain secures Newbury revamp. Warner, Brian // Contract Journal;9/17/2008, Vol. 444 Issue 6691, p13
The article reports on the decision of Costain Engineering & Construction Ltd. to take up the challenge of seizing the Â£80 million deal that aimed at renovating the town centre of Newbury in England. The quest is between Costain, Bovis Lend Lease and Laing O'Rourke for client Standard Life...
- Verizon finishes switching center. Dietderich, Andrew // Crain's Detroit Business;8/28/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p2
The article reports on Basking Ridge, New Jersey-based Verizon Wireless' plans to announce the completion of its $30 million switching center construction project. Network activity for a population of more than 1.5 million will be handed by the new center. A seven-day uninterrupted service of...
- Stop Do-Over Jobs. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/13/2006, Vol. 256 Issue 10, p64
The article reports that the construction industry and its materials suppliers have to struggle in bringing the latest best thinking and products into the marketplace. It also includes information on the U.S. Interstate program, which was a massive venture started in the 1950s and designed with...
- Essential Economics. // Pit & Quarry;May2005, Vol. 97 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the value of construction contracts in the United States as of February 2005. Nonresidential building; Residential building; Nonbuilding construction.
- New construction orders--Q1 2005. // Contract Journal;5/11/2005, Vol. 428 Issue 6524, p9
Presents a business data on construction orders in Great Britain for the first quarter of 2005. Decline in construction orders for private commercial facilities; Statistics on infrastructure orders; Increase in construction orders for warehouses.
- CONSTRUCTION FALLS 5% IN SEPTEMBER 2008. // Rock Products;Nov2008, Vol. 111 Issue 11, p16
The article reports on the state of the U.S. construction business as of September 2008. McGraw-Hill Construction reported that new construction starts fell by 5% in September for nonresidential and nonbuilding construction, with residential building posting a slight gain. The report states that...
- Getting Permission to Build. Arneil, David // Slovak Spectator;04/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p9
Details the process of how to secure construction permissions in commercial development.