KERRY SLAMS BROADCAST NETS FOR SHUNNING DEMS' CONVENTION
- GOP RATES. // Variety;9/13/2004, Vol. 396 Issue 4, p6
Presents information on ratings for the television coverage of the Republican and Democratic conventions in the U.S. in September 2004. Number of people who watched the Republican convention aired by the Big Three networks and cable weblets; Number of viewers for the acceptance speeches made by...
- GOP BRINGS PARTY TO FNC. Kissell, Rick; McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;9/2/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 43, p8
Provides estimates on primetime coverage of broadcast networks in the U.S. during the Republican Party National Convention on August 31, 2004. Dominance of Fox News Channel; Performance rating of MSNBC; Estimates on the number of Fox News viewers.
- My Visit to the RNC. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;9/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p48
Deals with the C-SPAN network's coverage of the Republican National Convention in the U.S. in September 2004. Role of camera operator Jon Kelley in the coverage; Disappointment expressed by Peter Kiley of C-SPAN on the star quality of media and politicians at the event.
- THE WALLFLOWER KNOWS. Powers, William // National Journal;3/20/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p898
Presents information on C-SPAN, the U.S. Congressional TV network. Misconceptions about the TV network; Information on the performance of the TV network during its 25 years of televising the Congress; Views on the coverage of the campaign of presidential candidate by the TV network.
- TV's Most Useless Reality Show. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/12/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 28, p39
Discusses the role of mass media in the preparation of political parties for the presidential election in the U.S. Nature of the campaign coverage; Coverage plans of broadcasting companies; Outlook for political conventions; Expectations on televised debates of political candidates.
- Live From Boston. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/19/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 29, p46
Presents the program schedule of cable television networks for the coverage of the political campaign of Democratic Convention in the U.S. CNN; Fox News Channel; Telemundo; ABC Digital.
- Hazmat Suits in Tow, NY1 Ready for RNC. Hearn, Ted; Moss, Linda; Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p4
Deals with the preparations made by television news network New York 1 News for possible hazardous materials attack during its coverage of the Republican national convention in New York in August 2004. Information on how the network will prepare field personnel for potential hazardous...
- Kerry Takes Aim at 'NRA-TV' Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;12/15/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 50, p20
Reports on the action taken by U.S. Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry against the plan of the National Rifle Association to buy a television or radio station to get media exemption from campaign-finance-spending limits. Information on the letter he sent to Federal Election Commission...
- Presidential contenders offered Fox airtime. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;10/20/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 13, p9
Reports on the free airtime offered by the Fox network to presidential candidates, U.S. President George W. Bush and Senator John Kerry for their campaigns. Prime time airing of their campaign material; Advertisements; Political advertising.