USA Cos., an MSO, Picks Sprint for VoIP
- Stalking the IP golden egg. Lafferty, Michael // CED;Apr2000, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p46
Reports on the competition to provide Internet Protocol (IP) telephony. Conversion into reality of the voice over Internet Protocol through cable television networks; Advantages of IP telephony aside from cost savings; Issues concerning standards, service and other problems.
- Operators Kick the Tires on Voice-Encryption Strategies. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p31
Focuses on the display of a cable telephony voice-encryption service at Cable Television Laboratories Inc.'s conference by cable operators Nuera Communications Inc., Syndeo Corp. and InnoMedia Inc. Advantages of voice encryption service; Compliance of CableLabs standards by the...
- The mother of all networks. Tudor, Geoffrey; Young, Holland // CED;Aug2002, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p73
Reports on the efforts of cable television operators to expand their business beyond service transport technologies. Planned migration to a unified all-Internet Protocol (IP) network topology; Transition to a unified IP network.
- Comcast Rises to VolP Challenge. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;9/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p3
Reports the legitimacy of Internet-protocol telephony in the cable industry in the U.S. Requisite research for the technology; Reduction of capital expenditures; Security of capital investment of the industry.
- Sprint takes on 8 cable affils. Dempsey, John // Variety;9/25/95, Vol. 360 Issue 8, p39
Reports that eight cable television operators have signed up with the joint venture headed by Sprint Corp. Goal of the venture; Sprint's agreement with cable affiliates.
- Another Shakeup at USA. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;11/5/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 41, p5
Reports on the management shifts in USA Cable. Executives who are leaving the company; Reasons for the decline in ratings of USA.
- Blended technologies key to fast track. Tokar, Jeff // CED;Mar2000, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p66
Focuses on the advantages that cable operators have over other communications service providers in offering high-speed data services. Emergence of Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specification-compliant cable modems; Problems to overcome and strategies to adopt in order to maximize its...
- Getting the most out of DOCSIS. Schnitzer, Jason K. // CED;Mar2000, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p92
Discusses the operational and engineering problems brought about by the advent of Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS). Oversubscription of resources leading to poor system performance and network faults; Challenges in the area of proactive network management to support the...
- Better Data Connectivity Not a Dream. Swartz, Terri // Multichannel News;9/3/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p37
Reports the importance of data connectivity in cable television industry. Characteristics of the Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification data pipe; Optimization of data transfer efficiency; Control of the out-of-band channel.