This Just In
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;9/22/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 184, p3
The article presents news briefs related to the cable television industry in the U.S. as of September 2005. Information on the off-network rights of Warner Brothers acquired by ABC Family is included. The change in the name of Pax to i Sun is reported. The season 2 of reality documentary "Off to...
- Why Cable Originals Are Crucial. Brooks, Tim // Broadcasting & Cable;10/13/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 41, p42
Discusses the impact of original programming on cable television. History of cable programming; Information on several cable television programs; Distinction between cable and broadcast.
- Finding A Clean Solution. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;12/12/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 52, p3
The article deals with the possible problems that can be encountered by television cable operators planning to introduce family-oriented programs. If the programs are put on digital tier, subscribers will need boxes to decrypt the channels. Another problem is the demand of household concerning...
- Online:. // CableFAX Daily;6/13/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 114, p2
Reports on the launch of a "Superman Channel" by AOL's In2TV, which will be available through the end of July 2006. Information on its programming.
- Cable's Always on the Job. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p6A
Deals with cable television network programming. Advantage of cable networks over broadcast networks; Quality of television programming offered by cable television; Expectations on the performance of cable networks.
- Playboy Has New HD Plan for Cable. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p12
Reports on the plans of Spice Digital Networks to offer a late-night block of explicit adult-oriented programming to cable operators beginning in December 2003. Explanations from general manager Jeff Jenest; Scope of the programming deal; Reason for offering such program.
- Liberty adds new channels. Cortes, Rossie // Caribbean Business;4/8/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p50
Reports that Liberty is adding channels to its roster of cable television stations, including Starz! Kids and ESPN Sports. Starz's inventory of theatrical movies from major studios and independent suppliers; Features of ESPN Sports; Transformation of Discovery Home & Leisure Channel into...
- Meeting the Demands of On-Demand. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;7/17/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 28, p20
Considers the use of the network digital video recording (DVR) technology in video-on-demand (VOD) TV programming. Key technology trends driving the on-demand platform; Components in which VOD functionality depends on; Advantages of the DVR technology to VOD subscribers; Business models used...
- The Education of Cable Marketers. Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);7/14/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p10
Focuses on marketing by cable television operators in the U.S. as of July 2003. Views on marketing efforts of operators; Marketing campaigns launched by operators; Amount spent on marketing.