Adelphia's Held Sale Talks
- Breaking Up Is Hard To Do. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/27/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 39, p26
Reports on the auction of cable systems from Adelphia Communications Corp. as of September 27, 2004. Number of subscribers included in each package of the company's properties; Significance of more bidders to the price of the property; Debt of the firm.
- ADELPHIA IN PIECES. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;8/9/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the auction of bankrupt cable operator, Adelphia Communications Corp., in Los Angeles, California. Timetable for the completion of the sale; Decision of the company to entertain offers for individual systems; Plan of the management to maximize return to creditors.
- CARVING UP CABLER. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;9/7/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 45, p14
The article reports that the auction for Adelphia Communications Corp. begins in earnest this week, promising to remake the map of cable television in the U.S. Starting today, Adelphia's advisers, UBS and Allen & Co., will distribute a memorandum outlining the systems available for bid. Adelphia...
- Adelphia Pick Could Take Time. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;2/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the decision of Adelphia Communication Corp. to extend the period that bids for the company will be open as of February 2005. Bid price given by Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. for the entire company; Multisystem operators that have bid on specific parts of the company;...
- Adelphia Moves Spur Sale Speculation. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p29
Reports on the speculations of the sale of Adelphia Communications Corp. in the United States. Amount raised through debt and equity offering by the company; Sale of company preferred stock; Use of the proceeds to pay bank debt.
- Line Forming for Embattled Adelphia's OC Operation. Simons, Andrew // Orange County Business Journal;06/10/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p1
States that bidders are lining up for the local network of coaxial cables assets of Adelphia Communications Corp. in Orange County, California. Value of the assets put on sale; Reason for selling the assets; Background of the company.
- It could be Half-Adelphia. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/13/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 20, p12
Reports the plans of Adelphia Communications to auction its properties in the U.S. Percentage drop of company stock price; List of companies planning to participate in the auction; Accounts on the company shares to be auctioned.
- Framing the first-price auction. Turocy, Theodore; Watson, Elizabeth; Battalio, Raymond // Experimental Economics;Feb2007, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p37
We revisit the result that, in laboratory independent private values auction, the first-price sealed bid and descending clock (or Dutch) implementations are not isomorphic. We investigate the hypothesis that this arises from framing and presentation effects. Our design focuses on a careful...
- They Want To Sell Their Company Now? Held, Robert M. // Trusts & Estates;Mar2009, Vol. 148 Issue 3, p41
The article provides information about selling businesses during an economic crisis. In selling a company, the author reminds the importance of knowing the buyers and their reasons of interests. Examining the company's performance in relation to other companies is said to be equally important....