Retrans on Ops' Minds
- Philippine cable operator targets overseas Asians. Sotto, Jack // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;3/26/2004, p12
CCI-Asia, the Philippine-based cable television provider, has launched Living Asia Channel to broadcast Asian lifestyle and travel programming primarily to Filipinos and other Asians living in the Philippines and North America. Carlos Abrera, CCI-Asia chairman, said "as more Asians migrate...
- On the Circuit. // CableFAX Daily;12/28/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 249, p3
Announces that the National Cable Television Association has opened National registration at www.thenationalshow.com.
- Recall Retrans. // CableFAX Daily;1/30/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p1
This article focuses on a study carried out by the American Cable Association on the economic effects of media consolidation and retransmission consent abuse in the cable television industry. Cost of re-transmitting the programming of cable TV operators is given. The recommendation of the study...
- Wrangling Over Rates. Shields, Todd // MediaWeek;5/12/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p8
Reports on the battle between cable programmers and operators in May 2003 over subscription price increases. Call of operators and U.S. senators for expensive services to be offered a la carte; Plea of the American Cable Association.
- Random Notes. Maxwell, Paul // CableFAX Daily;3/13/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p5
Presents news briefs related to the cable television industry as of March 2006. Information on the Cable TV Hall of Fame choices; Details of the Cable TV Pioneer Class of 2006; Information on the National Association of Minorities in Cable breakfast.
- Just like homemade. Reveron, Derek // Latin Trade (English);Feb99, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p66
Reports on the efforts of Miami, Florida-based pay television networks serving the Latin American market to transmit original programming. Factors for the congregation of Latin American cable companies to Miami; Programming improvements by GEMS, CTG, Discovery Networks Latin America/Iberia and...
- Cable Ã la carte: Pay per channel. // Consumer Reports;Jun2004, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p61
Asserts that television cable companies are price-gouging and underserving consumers in the U.S. Annual increases of cable television service payments experienced by cable consumers; Suggested solution to the problem; Views of the Consumers Union.
- Dutch lead European cable penetration. // Advertising Age;4/27/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 17, pI-36
The article presents a graph highlighting the percentage of European television households that are subscribing to cable. The graph shows that Netherlands is the number one country in terms of the number of households with cable television subscription.
- More programs, less grammar. // B&T Weekly;10/29/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2495, p32
Reports on the new schedule for Australia's female-oriented pay television channel W.