- MONDAY'S YIELDS. // Bond Buyer;5/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32377, p1
The article presents charts showing the interest rates for municipal bonds in the United States as May 8, 2006. It presents the Bond Buyer 40's Yield to Par Call. The interest rates remain unchanged from April 25 to May 8. The article also reports on the shifting interest rate expectations in...
- WEDNESDAY'S YIELDS. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/3/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32437, p1
The article presents the yields on municipal bonds in the United States as of August 2, 2006. It shows that the tax-exempt market has remained unchanged, as market participants wait for clues as to whether the Federal Open Market Committee will adjust monetary policy when it meets on August 8,...
- Wisconsin OKs Three Health Care Deals Worth $352M to Exit ARS. deSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/16/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32919, p3
The article reports on the deals approved by the Wisconsin Health and Educational Facilities Authority on the three transactions tied to borrower's efforts to exit the auction-rate market on July 15, 2008. They include; the $152 million deal from Children's Hospital and Health System of...
- Muni finance grew in 1998 outside U.S. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;01/06/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30552, p1
Reports on the growth of the market for public finance projects outside the United States in 1998, despite global economic uncertainty. Effects of political and economic uncertainty on worldwide debt, currency, and equities markets; Rate of progress of publicly financed infrastructure projects...
- Run-up charges utility valuations. // Dow Theory Forecasts;3/28/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the performance of utility stock prices and valuations in the U.S. in 2005. Increase in interest rates; Long-term bond yields; Benefits of utilities with energy exposure from the increasing prices for oil and natural gas; Economic forecasts.
- BANKING ON INFRASTRUCTURE. Edmonson, R. G. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);7/13/2009, Vol. 10 Issue 28, p24
The article focuses on the Transportation Revolving Fund, an infrastructure bank in Kansas. According to the article, the fund is gaining popularity inside the Beltway as a way of securing new investment sources for repairing and building transportation infrastructure. It states that the...
- U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray interest rate index. // Inside Tucson Business;10/25/99, Vol. 9 Issue 31, p10
Presents charts of interest rate index in Arizona provided by U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. current as of October 22, 1999. Short, intermediate and long term interest rates; Arizona tax exempt municipal bonds; Bond Buyers Revenue Index; Bond Buyers Index.
- Rate rise, big-deal shortage throttles first-half issuance. Kruger, Daniel; Harris, Elizabeth; Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;08/09/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30700, p26
Reports on the effects of the rise of interest rates on the bond market in the United States in the first half of 1999. Scarcity of mega bond deals; Philadelphia Agency for Industrial Development's taxable pension bonds.
- Municipal Prices Finish Higher After FOMC Hikes Rates, As Expected. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;05/17/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30893, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States for May 16, 2000. Reaction of municipal cash securities to the interest rate rise; Improvement of yields.