Social Security Retirement Planning Considerations for Married Couples in Family-Owned Businesses
- BLACKMAN ON TAXES. Blackman, Irving L. // Products Finishing;Feb2007, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p58
The article discusses the author's view on Internal Revenue Service (IRS). He asserts that many business owners were spending on accumulating their wealth for their families, but only losing it to the IRS. He offers basic plans for business owners to solve these problems. It starts with the...
- The Magnificent Seven. Rattiner, Jeffrey H. // Financial Planning;Nov2003, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p107
Presents strategies that financial planners in the U.S. should consider implementing to help clients save taxes. Improved use of the IRC Section 179 deduction; Tips for maximizing retirement contributions; Advantages of hiring family members in a business.
- Moving from Small-Business Owner to Secure Retiree. Supper, William J.; Cocozza, Christopher R. // Journal of Financial Planning;May2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p34
The article discusses methods to prepare baby boomer generation small-business owners for retirement. Small business owners face special financial issues, including whether they should sell their business or pass it on to their children, an issue that can be strongly affected by the goals and...
- Retirement Planning For Family Firm Owners. MATTERA, S. GEORGE // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/1/99, Vol. 103 Issue 9, p12
Discusses the retirement plans for business owners. Plan design that maximize owner's benefit and minimize costs for his employees; How to design retirement plan for family business; Details on the profit-sharing plan.
- Retirement Planning For The Family Business Owner. Knapp, David N. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/29/2002, Vol. 216 Issue 13, p18
Focuses on the retirement planning for family business owner. Importance on the proper planning for the succession of management; Elaboration on the retirement income needs of the owners and the transfer of ownership to family members; Details of the planning scheme for the business.
- Never too Early for Exit Plan. // San Diego Business Journal;9/30/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 39, pS11
The article discusses the importance of early business exit planning for family owned-business enterprises highlighting that achieving exit strategy goals and preparing the business correctly takes a long time before the sale process is triggered.
- Becoming Financial Grown-Ups. Mannes, George // Money;Jun2006, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p39
The article reports on Ari and Jennifer Donowitz a young couple who married young, while they were still in college, and until recently had no money to worry about. Now that they have both graduated and have good jobs they are making money and don't know that to do with it. The article presents...
- Retirement Planning: What Will It Take to Go the Distance? Triplett, Tim // Metal Center News;Jun2013, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p8
The article discusses the way retirement planning is perceived by Americans. The topics discussed include cost of healthcare as biggest concern for retirement planning, effect of the U.S. demographic dividend on planning of government program like Social Security and Medicare, and effect of...
- MEMBER PULSE. // Advisor Today;Aug2001, Vol. 96 Issue 8, p76
Presents several responses to questions on the professional and industrial markets that comprise the business of the insurance and finance advisors, and forecasts on changes. Work with individuals; Nature of business that centers on retirement planning; Choice of family-oriented business.