Underwriting Spreads Dip To $5.22 From $5.88 at End of 2003
- Spreads Slip to New Low, Though Rate of Drop Slows. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;8/11/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31696, p3A
Reports on the lowering underwriting spreads in the long-term municipal bond market due to the stiff competition among underwriters as of August 11, 2003. Slower rate of decrease in spreads compared to recent years; Three sectors which have shown improvement in underwriting spreads; Increase in...
- The Insurance Question. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/24/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32677, p1
The article discusses the author's views concerning the economic performance of the bond insurance industry for 2007 in the U.S. Standard & Poor's Securities Evaluations revealed that only single-A-rated ACA Financial Corp's insurance has suffered measurably in the municipal market so far,...
- Kroll Agency Is Ready to Start Rating Bond Insurers. CHIN, TONYA // Bond Buyer;6/20/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33932, p3
The article focuses on the document of financial guaranty rating methodology issued by the Kroll Bond Rating Agency Inc. that shows the municipal bond insurance industry will continue to play a major role in the U.S. municipal bond market.
- Bond Insurance: Introducing a Better Business Model. Adelson, Mark; Butcher III, George H. // Municipal Finance Journal;Summer2015, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p25
Today's bond insurance industry has lost the ability to create value for the great majority of municipal bond issuers. Despite an environment of wide credit spreads, the weakened state of the active bond insurers has virtually eliminated their ability to improve pricing for issuers at or above...
- Municipals End Mixed in Light Trading Ahead of Today's Jobs Report for June. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;7/6/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31175, p2
Reports the municipal trading of treasury bond in the United States. Stock futures trading pointed to lower open equities; Addition of jobs to non-farm payrolls; Market activity of retail investors.
- briefs. CARMONA, JOSÉ L. // Caribbean Business;10/24/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 41, p15
The article reports on the pressure facing financial services provider UBS over a 2007 bond deal in Puerto Rico, and the capitalization of a municipal insurance unit of bond insurers MBIA Inc. and Assured Guaranty Ltd.
- Colo. Senate Passes Pay-To-Play Bill. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31876, p1
Reports on the approval of the Colorado Senate on a measure aimed at reducing pay-to-play in the municipal bond market by mandating competitive bond sales for issuers that solocit campaign contribution for bond and tax elections from bond market professsionals. Comments of Senate President John...
- Revitalize Muni Bond Insurance Market. Glaser, Howard // American Banker;10/28/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 196, p8
The author discusses what he considers a worrisome trend in the market for municipal bond insurance. Troubles in this formerly flourishing market are described as undermining economic recovery. He argues that revitalizing the municipal bond insurance industry is a necessary and effective...
- Munis Fairly Flat as N.Y.C. Sells $750M. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/19/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 11, p18
The article reports that the municipal market kept to be fairly flat amid light to moderate secondary trading activity and as New York City came to market with approximately 750 million dollars of total issuance. It notes that the in the new-issue market for March 18, 2010, Siebert Brandford...