Unique Estate Planning Opportunities for Gay and Lesbian Couples
- Act now, procrastinate later. Myers, Melissa; Tucker, Michael // Echo Magazine;7/27/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p48
A conversation about procrastination in dealing with financial or legal matters between certified financial planner Melissa Myers and Michael Tucker, an attorney and certified specialist in estate planning, is presented. They explored the implications of procrastinating for gay and lesbian...
- Getting Screwed â€” in Court. Lurie, Rachel // Advocate;1/28/92, Issue 595, p44
Examines the estate planning difficulties faced by lesbians and gays in the U.S. Increasing number of legal cases involving gays and lesbians' loved ones and biological family members; Case of Mark Burman who died of AIDS and his partner Greg McLain; Need for legal advice in the planning...
- BEFORE YOU SHACK UP. Lacey, Kate // Curve;Apr2006, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p21
The article presents guidelines for lesbian couples when planning to live together . First is to get to know each other. Second is to be financially independent. Third is to discover personal habits. Fourth is to foster relationship harmony. Fifth is to obtain a reality check. Differences...
- Planning Needs Are Different For Nontraditional Couples. Piontek, Stephen // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/2/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 27, p4
Discusses how financial planners should deal with the financial planning needs of gay and lesbian couples in the United States. List of the legal paperworks that gay couples must secure in order to achieve the same privileges enjoyed by traditional couples; Considerations in a domestic...
- Women of the world. North, Kim // Money Marketing;6/17/2004, p50
Offers financial advice to a same-sex couple in Great Britain. Recognition of same-sex relations under the Civil Partnership Bill; Financial arrangements that should be considered; Importance of the execution of wills.
- UNIFIED UNITS. // Advocate;4/21/92, Issue 601, p104
Focuses on the Couples National Network Inc.'s plan to hold its 7th national convention in Los Angeles, California on May 1 to 3, 1992. Commitment of the members of the lesbian and gay couples organization; Contact information.
- RELATIONSHIPS: LEARNING TO COMMUNICATE. // Advocate;11/12/85, Issue 433, p26
Interviews several gay and lesbian couples. Reasons why gays stay together; Intergenerational and interracial couples; Range of people found in the gay community.
- Consumed by couplehood. Lemon, Brendan // Advocate;08/31/99, Issue 793, p80
Assesses the concerns of gay and lesbian couples. Reasons why gay and lesbian people should hold themselves to a higher ethical standard than straight individuals; Similarities between concerns of gay and lesbian couples with those of straight people; Purpose of gay and lesbian pairings in the...
- INTRODUCTION: Your LGBT Family Companion. // Legal Guide for Lesbian & Gay Couples (9781413316810);Apr2012, p1
An introduction is presented which discusses various topics within the issue including legal rights for lesbian and gay couples.