Bond-Vote Approval Rate Hits Modern Record
- Municipal Bond Elections. // Bond Buyer;9/13/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32465, p32
The article presents a list of bond elections in several cities and towns in the U.S. In Clover, South Carolina, voters will be deciding on a $58,500 bond proposal. Rockford, Illinois, on the other hand submits a $14,000 bond for the voters to decide whether to approve it or not. Other cities...
- Bond Ratings Report Card. // Governing;Sep2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p54
Presents the bond ratings of states, cities and counties in the U.S. during the first half of 2001.
- Calendar. // Bond Buyer;7/17/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32424, p13
A calendar of United States bond issues ranging in date from July 17 through August 16, 2006, is presented. The calendar includes bonds issued by the Michigan State Housing and Development Authority, Miami-Dade County, Milwaukee County in Wisconsin, and the School District of Philadelphia in...
- Competitive Bond Offerings. // Bond Buyer;5/17/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32383, p8
Several graphs that list the competitive bond offerings of issuers Glen Rock Borough, Montana, and Polk County as of July 25, 2006 in the U.S. are presented.
- Midwest Voters to Weigh In on Bonds, Mayor, and Sales Tax. Devitt, Caitlin; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/5/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32748, p34
The article reports on a wide range election of bond issues in the U.S. on November 6, 2007. The ballot includes more than $1.5 billion of borrowing, the Indianapolis mayoral race, and the extension of a sales tax in Kansas City, Missouri, to finance infrastructure projects. Voters in Ohio will...
- FLORIDA: Palm Beach Nixes Flood GOs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/27/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32781, p9
The article reports on the rejection of voters in Palm Beach, Florida to a proposal to issue $30 million of 30-year general obligation bonds to finance beach renourishment and stormwater drainage improvements for flood prevention. In a referendum, 45.50% the 2,099 voters supported the bond issue...
- Assured Reflects on Bankruptcies. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/16/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33617, p1
The article reports on the decision by Assured Guaranty Ltd. in November 2011 to reconsider pulling out bonds of U.S. states and municipalities with no process to approve and review local bankruptcy petitions. Assured president Dominic Frederico says that local politics has hindered the...
- Gone with the Windfall. Walters, Jonathan // Governing;Jan2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p12
Examines the plans of several U.S. states on the fiscal relief funds provided by the government to resolve the budget problems of states. Amount allocated by the government for the fiscal relief fund; Proposal of Florida in using the money; Decision of Washington to share some of its fiscal...
- Michigan to Weigh Allowing Flint to Issue Deficit-Elimination Bonds. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/23/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31911, p28
Focuses on the decision of Michigan to allow Flint City to issue deficit-elimination bonds as recommended by emergency financial manager Ed Kurtz. Worth of bonds; Reduction of budget deficit; Exclusion of cities under fiscal emergency managers from revenue sharing cuts.