On Heels of Bond Rally, Puerto Rico Utility's Refunding Grows to $210M
- Florida care facility hopes for big savings in refunding... Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/06/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30268, p32
Reports that a Palm Beach County, Florida retirement facility hopes an improved credit rating and demand for higher-yield paper will trigger big savings from refunding. Palm Beach County Health Facilities Authority as a conduit for Life Care Retirement Communities Inc.; Refunding deals of Life...
- Alabama. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;07/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30180, p28
Reports that Birmingham, Alabama refunded $74.8 million of its 1988 general obligation bonds, one week after Moody's Investors Service upgraded the city's credit rating.
- PREPA To Soon Run Out of Money Without Restructuring Agreement. Casey, Jack // Bond Buyer;1/13/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34443, p1
The Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority will run out of money in the first half of 2016 if it cannot get creditors to agree to a financial restructuring plan, PREPA chief restructuring officer Lisa Donahue said at a House panel hearing on Tuesday.
- Hawaii Airport System to Sell $422M in Refunding Revenue Bonds. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;04/26/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31126, p3
Reports the sale of refunding revenue bonds by the Hawaii Airport System. Estimates of a net present value savings for the restructuring of airport system; Expectations for the credit ratings; Efforts to mititage the impact of declining revenues from duty-free landing.
- Philadelphia Readies for $350 Million Water, Wastewater Refunding. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;3/8/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32582, p6
The article reports on the effort of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in getting ready for a $394.5 million water and wastewater revenue refunding bond sale scheduled in March 2007. The city's acting director Vince Jannetti stated that the total refunding will be based on the market conditions and...
- Rhode Island Turnpike Agency Planning $38 Million Taxable Refunding. D'Ambrosio, Gilliam // Bond Buyer;7/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31682, p32
Reports on plans of Rhode Island-based Turnpike and Bridge Authority to refund $38 million of taxable bonds. Senior manager of the deal; Ratings assigned to the bond; Concerns regarding the adequacy of current deposits and future surpluses over the 10-year capital plan.
- Missouri Slams Brakes on Refunding Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/19/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31184, p4
Reports the refunding deal between debt managers and investment banking firms for the escrow in Missouri. Rejection of the deal by debt manager Mark Kaiser; Reasons behind the withdrawal; Suggestion of the regional investment banking firm on refunding the bond issued by the Southeast Missouri...
- PREPA Creditors to Continue Forbearance. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;6/8/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34321, p1
Creditors for the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority extended forbearance for two more weeks in hopes of ironing out differences over a business plan that currently indicates a restructuring of debt.
- PREPA Calls Bondholders' Plan Overly Optimistic. Slavin, Robert // Bondbuyer.com;4/24/2015, p18
The article talks about the bondholders plan to revamp its business & avoid default on a debt of $8 billion according to Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority (PREPA). It also focuses on a plan which included $2 billion in capital investments to modernize PREPA's plants for meeting the...