Despite Lawsuit, Atlanta Proceeding With Big Sewer Sale
- Chicago District Cites Another BAB Audit. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;10/26/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33405, p1
The article reports that the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District (MWRD) of Greater Chicago has revealed that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is examining Build America Bonds worth 600 million dollars that it has issued in August 2009 in Illinois.
- Atlanta Bond Boom. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/4/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31834, p1
Reports that the city government of Atlanta, Georgia plans to issue $2 billion in municipal bonds. Uses of the proceeds; Water and sewer bonds; Revenue bonds for Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
- Morehouse College sues Connecticut investment firm; seeks to recover $1.6 million loss. // Jet;9/11/95, Vol. 88 Issue 18, p38
Reports on the investment lawsuit filed by Morehouse College against Connecticut investment firm Evaluation Associates Holding Corp. Reason for the lawsuit; Monetary loss of Morehouse.
- Atlanta's burning mad. Frederick, Heather // Restaurant Business;01/15/97, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p20
Reports that a group of street vendors have filed a class action suit against the city of Atlanta, Georgia, for business failure allegedly caused by the city government's actions during the 1996 Atlanta Olympics. Case background; Lawsuit's allegations.
- BI News Briefs. // Black Issues in Higher Education;12/09/99, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p8
Presents news briefs on Afro-Americans in higher education. Judge who granted class action status to a lawsuit against the University of Georgia; Ruling on the University of Mississippi's legal right to ban spectators from waving Confederate flags at campus athletic events; Efforts of Smith...
- Clark Atlanta University Sues the City of Atlanta Over Morris Brown College Land Deal. // Journal of Blacks in Higher Education (BruCon Publishing Co.);Sep2014, p38
The article informs that Clark Atlanta University has filed a lawsuit in Atlanta's Superior Court of Fulton County against the city of Atlanta, Georgia claiming university's rights on land bought by the city from Morris Brown College.
- Former Atlanta Fire Chief Hay Sue Over Termination. // Church & State;Feb2016, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p22
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by Kelvin Cochran, former fire chief in Atlanta, Georgia, against the city following a dispute over the distribution of his religious book "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" to employees.
- Set-Asides for Insiders Only. Hanson, Gayle M.B. // Insight on the News;10/18/99, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p18
Relates how black and white elites profit from minority-contract set-aside programs which are intended to assist only minority-owned companies in the United States. Issue over the construction and expansion of Atlanta, Georgia and San Francisco, California airports; Allegations of cronyism in...
- Atlanta Sued over Pension Contribution Increases. McGuinness, Kevin // Plan Sponsor News;2013, p89
The article reports that the City of Atlanta, Georgia was sued by various union workers for its pension reform measures. The unions representing the city employees, firefighters and police officers have filed the lawsuit against the city in Fulton County Superior Court. According to union...