Attacks Continue on 12b-1 Fees
- Follow the index. Bekiaris, Maria // Money (Australia Edition);Feb2006, Issue 76, p56
The article focuses on the benefits from enrolling in an index fund. Index funds are gaining popularity in Australia. Vanguard has been operating in the country for a decade and manages more than $34 billion. On the other hand, the top-performing fund Selector Australian Equities Fund had a...
- The Money Handlers. Kahan, Stuart // Accounting Technology;Oct2003 Supplement, p4
Comments on the articles featured in the October 2003 issue of "CPA Wealth Provider." Role of women in the financial planning world; Financial guidance; Planning opportunities in the technology field; Evaluation of Mutual funds; Other topics featured in the journal.
- Good Things Come in Threes. Troyanovsky, Serge // On Wall Street;Mar2006, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p76
Presents information on Triple Appreciation notes. Reason for the popularity of Triple Appreciation notes among equity investors; Risks and benefits of holding Triple Appreciation notes; Kinds of Triple Appreciation notes offered by securities firms in the U.S.; Differences between an...
- On the Fence. French, Kristen // Financial Planning;Nov2003, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p127
Reports on the performance of mutual funds in the U.S. in the third quarter of 2003. Cash flow in small capitalization funds; Strongest performers for the year; Concerns of financial planners.
- Bonds helping to rebalance the risk. Evans, Judith // Fund Strategy;4/20/2009, p30
The article discusses the implications of the proposed rebalancing of Adviser Fund Index (AFI) in Great Britain. The author states that the proposed initiative could be used to eliminate the risks associated in the fund as well as to stimulate a rapid rise in its performance. David Wynn, RCM...
- PRODUCT PROFILE. // Bank Investment Consultant;Apr2003, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p12
Many bank-based brokerages and insurance operations in the U.S. still make their living with relatively simple packaged products. And with the growth of platform-based Series 6 programs, the roles of the core mutual fund and the fixed annuity are in no danger. But with the importance of...
- PICK THE RIGHT FUND. Hely, Susan // Money (Australia Edition);Apr2008, Issue 100, p72
The article offers suggestions for choosing the right managed fund in Australia. Morningstar's Phillip Gray notes that there are more than 10,000 managed funds in the continent. According to the author, individuals should first find a managed fund that fits their investment objectives. She...
- new products. // Financial Planning;Jul2005, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p53
Presents a directory of financial products released in July 2005. Insurance; Mutual Funds, Financial planning practice tools.
- The Fund Funnel. Israelsen, Craig L. // Financial Planning;Nov2003, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p117
Deals with the use of funnel filters in choosing mutual funds for financial planning clients. Process involved in the filter that isolates funds with long performance history; Technique for filtering redundant portfolios; Results of filtering expense ratio.