- Atlanta City Council Approves $20.4 Million Deal to Aid Homeless. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/20/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32221, p28
Reports on the approval of the Atlanta, Georgia city council to a legislation that would provide revenue bonds to help the city address its homeless problem. Concerns of some council members on the lack of details surrounding the projects; Plan of council member Felicia Moore to add an amendment...
- New Mexico tweaks bond program in flood of last-minute bills. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31826, p33
Reports on New Mexico legislators' approval of a $400 million budget for local public works projects to be funded with general obligations bonds. Division of funds equally between statewide projects and those of purely local interest; Criticism on the existing system of public works funding.
- San Diego Officials OK $172M of Private-Placement Bonds. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/18/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32549, p36
The article reports that the officials of San Diego, California have authorized two private-placement offerings. The City Council approved the private placement of up to $172 million of lease revenue bonds to refund high-rate bonds the city issued in 2002 for construction of the Petco Park...
- GEORGIA: Zoo Deal Gets Nod. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/10/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32626, p9
The article reports that the Atlanta City Council had approved a $23 million bond deal for the Atlanta Zoo in Georgia. The deal will be priced by Rice Financial Products Co. and is expected to be disclosed in the market by June 2007. Assigned issuer of the transaction will be the Atlanta...
- City budget to give raises, add jobs. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);9/ 7/2011, Vol. 139 Issue 36, p1A
The article reports that the members of the Burnet City Council have informally agreed to leave more than 1 million dollars in a rainy day or reserve fund that will allow city employees to receive a 1.2 percent cost of living adjustment, as well as add police and fire and rescue department jobs.
- OKLAHOMA: Tulsa Plans for Rainy Day. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/9/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33278, p9
The article reports on the consideration by the Tulsa, Oklahoma City Council on a rainy-day fund to avoid budget cuts during lean periods.
- Philadelphia Authorizes $295M Anti-Blight Deal. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;12/26/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31291, p3
Reports that the Philadelphia City Council in Philadelphia, Pennyslvania unanimously authorized the sale of an estimated $295 million in anti-blight bonds by the Redevelopment Authority. Provisions that are opposed by Mayor John Street in the bill; Details regarding the legislation which was...
- Houston OKs Bond Deal; Morgan Stanley Co-Manager. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31321, p36
Reports on approval of the sale of million dollar revenue bonds through syndicate Morgan Stanley & Co. by Houston, Texas City Council. Refund of the outstanding water and sewer revenue bonds through the sale; Underwriters for the sale deal; Recommendation of city councilman Mark Ellis to change...
- Land Snatch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/26/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31521, p33
Reports that members of Denver City Council in Denver, Colorado have suggested they might seize several parcels of land pledged as collateral for a multi-million dollar loan the city guaranteed on behalf of Colorado Ocean Journey aquarium which was working through a Chapter 11 bankruptcy. ...