Legg Mason Adds Chicago, Philadelphia Bankers
- The Digest. // Bond Buyer;8/10/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31944, p1
Presents municipal bond-related news items in the United States, as of August 10, 2004. Previous day's municipal bond trading results; Manufacturing activity in the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City's region; Appointment of investment bankers at Legg Mason Wood Walker.
- With Citigroup Merger Waiting in the Wings, Legg Mason Shuts Down Muni Desk. Meyers, Maxwell; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/2/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32251, p34
Reports on the move of Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc. to close down its municipal institutional desk in the U.S. Preparation of the company of its merger with Citigroup Inc.; Move of employees to look for new jobs; Impact of the closure on the bonds.
- Revival at Ryan Beck. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;12/22/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32284, p1
The article reports on the growth of Ryan Beck & Co.'s municipal bond business following the hiring of Bonnie Siegal and Hamilton Chang for its public finance unit. In five United States cities where Ryan Beck operates, it increased the number of public finance professionals. Siegal and Chang...
- Legg Mason's Chicago Alumni Begin Finding New Posts. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/3/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32252, p7
Reports on the decision of Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc. to close its municipal operations in preparation for its merger with Citigroup Inc. in the U.S. Terms of the deal; Move of the employees to look for another job with the closure of the division; Decision of other bankers to remain working to...
- A Suburb's Big Deal. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/26/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31892, p31
Reports that the village of Schaumburg, Illinois is expected to vote June 2004 on a financing package that will include its largest bond issue ever, about $200 million. Funding of the construction of a convention center and hotel in the Chicago suburb; Selection of Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc. as...
- NASD Fines 3 For G-15(f) Violations. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/18/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32468, p1
The article reports that the U.S. National Association of Securities Dealers has censured and fined Goldman Sachs & Co., Morgan Stanley and the former Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc. for selling municipal bonds to investors in minimum denominations below those established by the issuers. The...
- Munis Gain 1/4 Point With Treasuries; Md. Sanitation District Bond Reoffered. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;03/23/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31103, p2
Reports that municipal bond prices in the United States increased in March 22, 2001, in sympathy with Treasury gains made following the demise of blue-chip stocks. Underwriters' reoffering of top-rated Maryland sanitation bonds; Bond issuance report of Siebert Brandford Shank & Co.; Amount of...
- Legg Mason adding to its bank offerings. Kapiloff, Howard; Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;9/25/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 184, p15
Reports on Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc.'s addition of a menu of portfolios it offers to bank trust departments. Offer of 12 portfolios of a fund family it manages called Navigator Class; Distributor of funds.
- A Productive May: Maryland Trio Readies Plans to Sell Nearly $600 Million. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/12/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31633, p6
Baltimore plans to sell $194 million tomorrow, a mixture of new-money and both current-and advance-refunding bonds, along with auction-rate and variable-rate bonds.The sale, via negotiation with Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc., involves $106.3 million in consolidated public-improvement refunding...