Connecticut Bond Commission Approves $300M of GOs; No Timeframe Set
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;4/6/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32105, p31
Reports developments related to state bonds in the Middle West. Proposals for school funding reform in Illinois; Removal of the North Oakland Medical Center from Moody's Investors Service's list of possible downgrades in Michigan; Release of an executive order to revamp Minnesota's government...
- N.J. Plans Almost $1 Billion. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;5/27/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33121, p1
The article reports on the plan of the state government of New Jersey to offer $1 billion of refunding and new-money debt. It states that the Transportation Trust Fund Authority will complete a $350 million deal, which includes $270 million of taxable Build America Bonds and $82.4 million of...
- S&P: Most States on Sure Footing, But Upgrades Unlikely. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/5/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32104, p32
Reports on the improbable upgrade of the general obligation ratings of the state governments in the U.S. Depletion of reserves; Retention of intense spending pressures; Volatility of the fiscal flexibility; Increase in tax burdens.
- Pennsylvania Putting Long-Delayed $835M GO Salem on Market. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;2/17/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31822, p6
Reports on the trading of general obligation bonds by the state government of Pennsylvania. Allocation of budget for ongoing capital projects; Bond ratings; Expansion of the Growing Greener program.
- N.Y.C. Moves Up $550M Issue To Cover Capital Programs Costs. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31802, p1
New York City is planning tosell 550 million dollars of bonds to reimburse expenditures made for capital programs through the city's general fund, which could come under increased pressure if the state government cuts local aid as expected. The tax secured bonds are being sold through the New...
- Maine's Partisan Divide on Debt Could Derail Special Session. Haislip, Alexander H. // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p45
Reports that Maine Treasurer Dale McCormack does not believe that the bond ballot battle in 2004 will impact the volume of state general obligation bonds sold in 2005. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on public finance and the bond market.
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;9/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32228, p26
Presents charts depicting the results of competitive bond sales in the U.S. as of September 29, 2005. Winning bidder in the bond transaction of the state of Alabama; Bond structure involved in the bond deal of the state of Illinois for the Mount Prospect Part District; Amount involved in the...
- SOUTHEAST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;9/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32228, p30
Presents a chart depicting the bond transaction of several states in the U.S. Amount involved in the transaction of the state of Alabama; Underwriter in the bond deal of Palm Beach County, Florida; Expected sale date for the transaction of the state of Louisiana.
- Visible Supply by State. // Bond Buyer;9/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32228, p31
Presents a chart depicting the volume of bond issuance of various states in the U.S. Number of issues for the state of Alabama; Amount involved in the transaction of the state of Kentucky; Volume of South Carolina's bond issuance.