Responses to June Talking Point "The Coming 'Great Winter'?"
- As I see it. Schaaf, Peter VanDer // Grand Rapids Business Journal;08/09/99, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p34
Reports on the forecast of growth in the Dow Jones Industrial Average in the United States. Influence of job supply and wage-price inflation on the index; Growth rate of the US economy; Rise of the stock market; Increase in consumer spending; Impact of consumer confidence on the stock market.
- Economy expanded at 3.9% rate in 3q; Another fed rate cut seen as unlikely. Matthews, Gordon // American Banker;11/25/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 226, p24
Reports on the growth of the economy in the United States in the third quarter of 1998 by 3.9 percent. Record high posted by the Dow Jones industrial average for November 1998; Speculations on the plans of the United States Federal Reserve System to delay interest rates cuts.
- Doctoring the Dow. Kadlec, Daniel // Time;3/24/1997, Vol. 149 Issue 12, p66
Reports on trends in the Dow Jones industrial average as of March 24, 1997. The replacing of typical industrial stocks with technology stocks; The changing nature of the United States economy; Number of stocks in the Dow; Traditional percentage of those that were industrial; Stocks like...
- Fast Finish. // Time;1/2/1950, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p61
The article reports on robust economic indicators in the U.S. in December 1949 including record sales during the week of December 17, high level of bank clearings, and increases in Dow Jones industrial average and short interest.
- Will the Dow hit 5000? Kaye, Steven D.; Smith, Anne Kates // U.S. News & World Report;7/17/95, Vol. 119 Issue 3, p54
Discusses key issues and opportunities for investors to consider regarding investment options in the stockmarket in July 1995. Effects of a slower moving economy and a more stable dollar; Standard & Poor's technology index; The Dow Jones Industrial average.
- U.S. Economy In Holding Pattern. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;12/8/2010, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the inactiveness of the U.S. economy as the Dow Jones Economic Sentiment Indicator (ESI) arrived at 43.9 in November 2010.
- A good year ahead. Rundles, Jeff // Wearables Business;Nov2003, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p4
Comments on the economy of the U.S. as of November 2003. Performance of the Dow Jones Industrial Average; Reasons for the positive effect of the economy on the prospects of companies selling promotional wearables.
- A.G. Edwards looks for Dow to hit 10,000. // Westchester County Business Journal;12/28/98, Vol. 37 Issue 52, p17
Highlights a forecast from A.G. Edwards and Sons on the impact of a 1999 economic expansion on the Dow Jones Industrial Average in the United States. Resumption of the stock market's upward climb; Return of shares to fair value; Impact of corporate earnings-per-share growth.
- A week's worth. // Christian Science Monitor;8/17/98, Vol. 90 Issue 184, pB2
Presents financial and economic news from the United States for August 17, 1998. Productivity; What a bear market is; The Dow Jones industrial average; Stock indexes; Interest rates; How to increase your chances of getting a good seat on airplanes; Personal finance information at Geocities;...