D.C. Slot Machines Question Off the Ballot
- A ‘Green’ Referendum in Russia? Contribution to the Study of the Birth of a Civil Society (with a commentary by Yves Hamant). Jeannier-Groppo, Armelle; Hamant, Yves // Diogenes;2002, Vol. 49 Issue 194, p126
Focuses on the plan of forming an initiative group for a pan-Russian referendum. Need of 2 million signatures; Aim of the initiative group; Result of the campaign.
- Before a petition, get the facts. Schwartz, Jeff // Pipe Dream;2/12/2010, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p6
In this article, the author discusses the significance of signature in a petition.
- Slot Machine Petition. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/9/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32441, p31
This article presents information on the collection of the required amount of signatures by the supporters of a ballot initiative in Ohio to bring slot machines at seven horse racing tracks in the state. It will help them place their question on the November 7, 2006 ballot. However, some...
- Are Electronic Contracts and Digital Signatures Safe for Business? Holt, Theresa Johnson // American Business Perspectives;May/Jun2000, Issue 221, p1
Examines the safety in using electronic contracts and digital signatures in business transactions. Definition of electronic contracts; Signing of electronic documents; Definition of cryptography; Keys of encryption methods; Digital signature security; Trustworthiness of electronic versus...
- Just where is the bottom line in cybercontracts? Farah, Samar // Christian Science Monitor;6/29/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 153, p14
Discusses various aspects of electronic contracts and electronic signatures.
- Petition to ask Mayor Joe Sinnott sign Mayors for Freedom to Marry. Mahler, Mike // Erie Gay News;Mar2012, p1
The article focuses on the petition asking for the signature of Erie, Pennsylvania Mayor Joe Sinnot in the Mayors for the Freedom to Marry campaign of the group Freedom to Marry. It mentions that signature of Sinnot and other mayors were included without their knowledge that they asked for the...
- Petition against course. // Optometry Today;1/31/2014, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p8
The article reports on over 1,400 signatures received by a petition launched on January 22, 2014 against plans to create a new optometry course in the south of England, an initiative that aims to gain support in the form of signatures from 5,000 people by March 2014.
- Seizing the Initiative. Ramsey, Bruce // Liberty (08941408);Apr2009, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p21
In this article, the author discusses the issue of banning out-of-state signature gatherers in the U.S. He elaborates on several cases, such that of Paul Jacobson against the state of Oklahoma, Yes on Term Limits v. Savage and Meyer v. Grant, where individuals were penalized for gathering...
- Candidates' Petitions Scrutinized for Legitimacy. Sardin, Thelma // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;12/8/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 48, p2
The article focuses on the issue of alleged forgery on the nominating petitions of mayoral candidates in Chicago, Illinois from which Chicago Mayor Richard Daley stated that there should be federal and state investigations on the controversy.