Municipals End Session Little Changed; N.Y. School District Sells $51M of Bans
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bondbuyer.com;10/20/2015, p24
The article lists the results of competitive sales in the U.S. as of October 20. 2015 which include General Obligation Corporate Purpose Refunding Bonds, Series 2015A of Oak Park Village, Illinois, General Obligation Capital Loan Notes, Series 2015C of Waukee, Illinois, and General Obligation...
- Arizona Voters to Decide Fate of Over $1B of School Bonds This November. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/23/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32492, p6
The article reports on the opportunity of Arizona voters to decide on multi-million dollar school bond requests on November 7, 2006. Initial reports show that 22 school districts in the state are seeking approximately $1.07 billion in general obligation bonds. Also cited are the most pressing...
- DeKalb CUSD 430, Ill., Downgraded to BBB-Plus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;3/23/2015, p36
The article reports on the downgrading of the existing general obligation bonds of the DeKalb LaSalle and Kendall Counties Community Unit School District No. 430 in Illinois by Standard & Poor's Ratings Services.
- Panel Advises $1.3B Cap for Dallas School Sale. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/4/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32807, p4
The article reports on the assertion of an advisory committee that the Dallas Independent School District (DISD) should limit its bond proposal to $1.3 billion on the May 10, 2008 ballot, if it hopes to win voter approval in Dallas, Texas. The district officials have stated that the district has...
- S&P Goes Negative on School District in Santa Cruz County, Calif. Glazier, Kyle // Bondbuyer.com;10/2/2015, p1
Standard & Poor's revised its outlook to negative from stable on Live Oak School District, Calif. general obligation bonds.
- Limited-Time Offer. Trainor, Charles K. // American School Board Journal;Apr2013, Vol. 200 Issue 4, p26
The article discusses strategies U.S. school districts can pursue to save money by refinancing the conditions of their loans in light of low U.S. interest rates that were implemented after the 2007-2008 U.S. recession. The author looks at the U.S. Federal Reserve's monetary policies on interest...
- Election Results. // Bond Buyer;12/14/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32528, p29
A list of approved bond issuance proposals by various states in the U.S. is presented. They include $2,850,000 worth of bonds to be used for financing high school projects in Iowa, $3,305,000 issuance for replacement of heating and ventilation and electrical equipment in New Jersey and...
- Hancock County CUSD 316, Ill., Downgraded to A by S&P. // Bond Buyer;12/18/2014, Issue 34229, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said it lowered its long-term rating on Hancock County Community Unit School District No. 316 (Warsaw), Ill.'s existing general obligation (GO) debt to A from A-plus.
- Build America School Deals Could Drive Up Costs for New York State. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;3/2/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33072, p5
The article reports that the use of taxable Build America bonds could increase costs for the state of New York if school districts decide to issue those bonds because of the state's reimbursement formula. It cites that the state's formula for reimbursing school districts for some of their...