Munis Gain From Treasury Boost As Payrolls Are Revised Downward
- Bonds start week by posting gains. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;11/10/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30518, p1
Reports on the performance of the United States bond market in November 9, 1998. Lackluster session for municipals; Treasury market; Long bond yield; Fixed-income gains; Dow Jones industrial average; Retail-oriented municipal trading.
- Muni Yields Rise 1-2 Basis Points As N.Y. Tobacco Opens for Retail. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31652, p2
This article presents information on performance of bond market on June 6, 2003. Municipal bond yields rose one or two basis points while underwriters opened a retail order period on 2.2 billion dollars of New York State Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. asset-backed tobacco bonds. Government...
- Munis End Stronger with Treasuries as Stocks Slump. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;1/5/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34438, p1
Municipal bonds were sharply stronger on Monday, traders said, with yields on top-rated maturities falling by as much as six basis points. Treasuries surged in a flight-to-quality bid while U.S. equities plunged in the wake of a stock market meltdown in China.
- Munis Weaker After December Payrolls Data. Posner, Matthew; Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/8/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32543, p2
The article reports on the status of the municipal market for January 5, 2007. According to the report, the higher-than-expected December payrolls number had elevated the yields for the entire session pushing the municipal market to a weaker status. Traders also commented that competing with...
- Municipals Finish Down as Treasuries Fail to Maintain Positive Momentum. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/11/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32171, p2
Reports on the outlook of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Failure of the Treasuries to sustain their positive momentum after June employment growth; Escalation of non-farm payroll; Concern of the municipal bond market participants about their ability to distribute new issues given a...
- Munis Unchanged After Construction, Payrolls Data. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/5/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32459, p2
No abstract available.
- Muni Tone Softens After Early Gains; Treasuries Slip on Oil Price Decline. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31890, p2
Reports on trading in the U.S. municipal bond market on May 21, 2004. Trading activity following capitulation in the Treasury market; Effect of a drop in oil prices and a subsequent rebound in equities; Changes in municipal bond prices.
- Indexes Narrowly Mixed on Muni Weakness, Market Volatility. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;1/31/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31564, p31
Presents the Bond Buyer yield indexes reflecting the performance of municipal bond market, treasury bonds and stocks as of January 31, 2002. Performance of the various bonds and stocks in the bond market; Comparison of everyday performance of bonds; Estimated percentage of gross domestic product...
- Not a Lot Going On After New-Issue Blitz. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/2/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33209, p2
The article reports developments in the municipal bond market in the U.S. It states that the Treasury market posted gains in October 30, 2009 as equities sold off. It notes that Municipal Market data triple-A scale yielded 3.03% in 10 years and yielded 4.23% in 30 years. The trends in personal...