Southwest Bucks a Trend
- Massive Debt Makes State the Largest Distressed Borrower. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;11/17/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 46, p30
Reports on competition among investment banking firms and other companies for California's municipal bonds. State's financial problems; Bank of America's role as lead underwriter in a general obligation bond deal; Other entities involved in bringing bond deals to market.
- THE INVESTMENT MARKETS. // Banking;Jan66, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p14
Presents updates on investment banking in the U.S. as of January 1, 1966. Attempts of the First National City Bank of New York to seek exemption from the Investment Company Act of 1940; Changes in the municipal bond investments since 1963; Additional five companies joining the list of...
- MUNICIPAL RANKING. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/12/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p47
Provides information on municipal ranking of investment banking in the U.S. from January 1, 2003 to December 31, 2003. Tax-exempt negotiated municipal bonds; Tax-exempt general obligation municipal bonds; Tax-exempt revenue municipal bonds.
- All municipal bond issues. // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/05/99, Vol. 65 Issue 14, p28
Lists investment banks in the United States ranked by municipal bond issues in the first quarter of 1999. Amount raised; Market share; Comparison with year-ago level.
- Sealed bids invited. Schneider, Ryan // Bond Buyer;07/23/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30193, p14
Presents a list of government agencies and local governments in the United States with invitations for investment banks to underwrite their bond quotations. Includes California's Oxnard School District; Texas' First Colony Utility District; Indiana's Clinton Prairie Industrial School Building Corp.
- Rhode Island Treasurer Cites Refinancing, Green Bonds. Burton, Paul // Bondbuyer.com;9/17/2015, p1
New Rhode Island Treasurer Seth Magaziner touted a $175 million debt restructuring and a green-themed Infrastructure Bank as progress for the state.
- Some Investment Bankers to Profit From State's Bond Deals. Berry, Kate // San Diego Business Journal;3/22/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p21
Reports on the benefits of the passage of bond measure for investment bankers in California. Selection of Lehman Brothers Inc. as lead manager of the largest municipal bond offering in the U.S.; Issuance of the first tranche of bonds after Memorial Day; Amount in fees that investment banks are...
- Distance Still Matters: Evidence from Municipal Bond Underwriting. Butler, Alexander W. // Review of Financial Studies;Mar2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p763
Using a sample of municipal bond offerings, I find that "local" investment banks have substantial comparative and absolute advantages over nonlocaI counterparts--locals charge lower fees and sell bonds at lower yields. Local investment banks' strongest comparative advantage is at underwriting...
- EIB launches public debt issuance program. Harper, Joe // Warsaw Business Journal;11/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 47, p3
Reports the launching of public debt issuance program of the European Investment Bank (EIB) Poland. Provision of framework for the EIB to enter the Polish market to finance projects with zloty loans; Benefit of investment in Poland; Contribution of the program to enter in the domestic capital...