Fields & frames
- New Game System Adds Location-Based Functionality. // GEOWorld;May2011, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p8
A preview of the portable entertainment system called Next Generation Portable (NGP) developed by Playstation maker Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., to be released by the end of 2011, is presented.
- SONY DEALS PSN RE-LAUNCH. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;5/16/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p10
The article reports that in light of a security breach in April 2011, Sony Computer Entertainment postponed some PlayStation Network and Sony Online Entertainment Services pending further security tests, and that on May 9, another hack attempt on Sony servers was repelled, according to CNET.
- Improved Carry Select Adder with Reduced Area and Low Power Consumption. // International Journal of Computer Applications;Jun2010, Vol. 3, p14
The article presents a study regarding a performance analysis of different Fast Adders. The study provides comparison of the different Fast Adders on the basis of three performance parameters, such as area, speed and power consumption. It also provides a modified carry select adders and obtains...
- Superpipelined. // Network Dictionary;2007, p468
A definition of the term "superpipelined" is presented. It refers to a type of instruction pipeline technique used in the design of the microprocessors and other digital electronic devices to increase their performance. Traditional pipelines architectures have a single pipeline stage for...
- Deduplication contest heats up. Preimesberger, Chris // eWeek;6/30/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p22
The article reports on the deduplication efforts made by various companies in the U.S. On June 23, 2008, Hewlett Packard announces its plan to add its own brand of deduplication software to two new storage arrays by introducing the new disk-based backup systems with data deduplication technology...
- iTunes' Sharing Skills. McElhearn, Kirk // Macworld;Oct2006, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p76
The article presents information related to the iTunes software. The iTunes allows just five users to connect to any shared library in a day. With the help of iTunes one can store music in a central location and access it from any of his home computers. The other iTunes users on other network...
- SECURE COMM PROCESSORS PUSH THROUGHPUT TO NEW LEVELS. // Electronic Design;2/17/2005, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p33
This article highlights the features of the NITROX Soho CN220 and CN225 secure communication processors developed by Cavium Networks Inc. The products deliver consistent performance for multitunnel virtual private networks (VPN) and performance support for secure socket layer and IPsec VPN...
- Sony PlayStation Portable Is Now Available in North America. // Caribbean Business;4/7/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 13, p30
Features Sony Computer Entertainment's PlayStation Portable (PSP), an integrated portable entertainment system designed to provide a comprehensive entertainment experience. Ability to play digital music files; Wi-Fi connectivity.
- PITCH UPDATE. // Campaign;4/24/2009, Issue 16, p36
The article offers various topics related to pitch advertising in Great Britain in 2009. Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. is transferring its international PlayStation pitch to the last stage and has beaten several companies to merge the Â£80 million business into one network. Zurich, a...