THE SOUND OF JUSTICE
- Hitting the Streets. Vacca, Jamie // Atlanta;Jul2000, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p20
Reports developments in the entertainment industry in Atlanta, Georgia. Promotion of the drama `Nuremberg'; Collaboration between Cartoon Network and Rhino Records for a Power-puff Girls album; Release of an album from Capricorn Records entitled `The Glands'; Examination of folk arts of the...
- Networks get jump on drama. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;09/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p3
Reports that television networks in the United States are completing their lineups of drama programs for fall 2000. Description of drama programs on the WB cable television network; Series commitment for a Dick Wolf drama starring Oliver Platt on National Broadcasting Corp. (NBC); Production...
- Dramas: Once Is Enough. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;06/05/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 23, p7
Reports on the decline in the ratings of reruns of prime-time television drama series during the 1999-2000 season in the United States. Possible solution for broadcast networks with the ratings decline; Average audience loss of drama series; Views of media buyers on the decline.
- Editorial. // Critical Studies in Television;2009, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Alison Wilde on how television (TV) viewers understand representation of disability, one by Steven Peacock on a study of contemporary TV dramas, and one by Heidi Keinonen on the movement of television fiction.
- Hallmark's Aim: Build on Rebranding. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/12/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p26
Reports the rebranding strategy of the cable television network Hallmark Channel in the U.S. Acquisition of the CBS family drama 'Touched by an Angel' by the network; Effects of the name change on the network's distribution; Launch of a monthly original movie franchise.
- An Addictive April for Cable. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/28/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p27
In this article, the author discusses the forecasted increase in the demand for the cable television industry in April 2011 due to the launch of several new dramas.
- Indie producers get little sympathy from feevees. Woods, Mark // Variety;11/29/99, Vol. 377 Issue 3, p32
Deals with the lack of sympathy of pay television operators to independent producers in Australia. Complaints of television drama producers; Comments from Ross Crowley, deputy programming director of Rupert Murdoch's cabler Foxtel; Percentage of decline in drama productions and Web's spending...
- Networks take dramatic turn. Rice, Lynette // Broadcasting & Cable;2/17/97, Vol. 127 Issue 7, p23
Presents a partial list of dramas aired on several television networks in the United States. Networks with lineup of dramas include the American Broadcasting Company; Columbia Broadcasting System; Fox Broadcasting Co.; National Broadcasting Co.; Warner Bros. Inc.
- Untitled. Stephen, Jaci // New Statesman & Society;10/8/93, Vol. 6 Issue 273, p31
Discusses the portrayal of sex taking precedence over school in British television soap shows. Tracy Barlow of `Coronation Street'; Threat to education; Lack of emphasis on the importance of education.