HANYS rebuts business group's call to kill or cut health care taxes
- N.Y. Hospitals Suffered $438 Million Loss In 2000; Data Of Healthcare Association Reports On 224 Facilities. // Insurance Advocate;12/1/2001, Vol. 112 Issue 45, p38
Focuses on the results of Healthcare Association of New York State's annual report on the financial condition of hospitals released by the November 21, 2001. Total approximate amount of losses for New York's hospitals since 1997; Estimated amount needed by hospitals to adequately prepare for...
- State hospitals' financial condition impairs readiness. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;12/3/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 19, p13
This article focuses on the poor financial condition of hospitals in New York, leading to their inability to handle a possible biological, chemical, nuclear and mass casualty disasters. Hospitals in New York need to spend between $750 million and $850 million to adequately prepare for any such...
- Hospitals Important To Economy As Well As Health, HANYS Says. Gibbons, Muriel // Insurance Advocate;12/20/2004, Vol. 115 Issue 42, p15
The article reports that according to a report released by the Healthcare Association of New York State, hospitals and health systems in New York State generate almost $80 billion for the state and local economies, about 10 percent of the gross state product. The study, "The Impact of New York's...
- Statewide seminar on community health in Dutchess County. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/13/96, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the May 1996 seminar of Healthcare Association of New York State. State Health Commissioner Barbara DeBuono as key speaker; Venue of the event.
- Healthcare Association of New York State recognizes auxiliaries for advocacy. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/14/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p14
The article announces the auxiliaries recognized as the recipients of Healthcare Association of New York State's (HANYS) 2011 Auxiliary Advocacy Recognition for their commitment to serve healthcare facilities and communities in the state.
- Waiver worries hospitals. Kostreski, Farah // AHA News;4/3/95, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p2
Cites the misgivings of hospital officials in New York regarding a Medicaid managed care waiver request sought by the state. Comments of HealthCare Association of New York State (HANYS) president Daniel Sisto; Provisions under proposed Managed Care Fair Practices Act; Results of survey on Medicaid.
- Hospitals promote insurance through contracts. // AHA News;11/24/97, Vol. 33 Issue 46, p6
Discloses that the Health Care Association of New York State has decided to give preference in contract awards to companies that provide health insurance for their employees. Call on other businesses across New York state to do the same; Implementation of the program as part of the American...
- NY losing thousands of acute care beds. // AHA News;06/12/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 23, p4
Reports on the findings of a survey of acute bed utilization in the Healthcare Association of New York State as of June 2000. Impact of staff limitations on the acute care service.
- Gladys George elected chairman of Board of trustees of HANYS. // Insurance Advocate;01/09/99, Vol. 110 Issue 2, p31
Announces the election of Gladys George as chairman of the board of trustees of the Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS). Other officers elected.