Not a second too soon for adult careers advice
- News & Networks. // Adults Learning;Jun2001, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p4
Presents news in Great Britain related to adult education as of June 2001. Name changing move of the Great Britain Department for Education and Employment; Findings of the report `Developing Leading Edge Staff in Vocational Education and Training' by the Learning and Skills Development Agency;...
- FE White Paper 'doesn't go far enough' for some. // Education (14637073);3/31/2006, Issue 216, p1
The article reports on British Government's further education (FE) plans that have been criticized for not going far enough in encouraging employers to invest more in training. John Brennan, chief executive of the Association of Colleges said that employers should double their investment and...
- What should be at the top of Mr Hancock's in-tray? FRASER, CHARLES // Adults Learning;Autumn2012, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p8
The author discusses the priorities of Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Skills Matthew Hancock in Great Britain. He proposes the areas that should be prioritised by Hancock including to make education accessible, to prioritise the disadvantaged residents of St. Mungo and to further...
- More reasons to be cheerful, more causes for concern. Thomson, Alastair // Adults Learning;Feb2000, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p14
Deals with the issues arising from the government of Great Britain's `Learning to Succeed,' a consultation paper on funding post-16 or continuing adult education. Views on the Department of Education and Employment's openness and receptiveness regarding the bill; Capital funding of post-16...
- Preparing adults for transitions: A blueprint for developing an adult centre for life career... Studd, Dave // Guidance & Counseling;Sep90, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p39
Presents a model for developing an adult education center in Canada for life career planning. Establishment of a conceptual framework; Development of information resources; Assessment of the students needs; Development of the management plan; Stages in the implementation of the adult career...
- Career Planning For Adults. Hanson, Marlys; Allen, Lynn // Training & Development Journal;Mar1976, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p12
Discusses components of a career planning program for adults. Program content; Program evaluation.
- Workplace wellness takes center stage at NECA institute. // Counseling Today;Jul2011, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p45
The article offers information about the 2011 National Employment Counseling Association (NECA) Summer Institute to be held in Annapolis, Maryland on August 16.
- Enhancing access to vocational guidance. Clayton, Pam // Adults Learning;Sep98, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p6
Discusses the need for vocational guidance and counselling. Barriers to vocational guidance; Integration of guidance with training; Participation of the media.
- Shake-up inspires new state of mind. Bichard, Michael // People Management;02/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p22
Explains how the permanent secretaries of the British education and employment departments took advantage of the merger between their departments to overhaul existing systems and instigate change. Aspects of the merger which made it extraordinary; Shift in the focus of work brought about by the...