- Economic decline widespread in 2009. Stewart, Ralph // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/28/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p18
The article reports on the statistics released by the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis which showed a decline in real gross domestic product (GDP) and durable goods manufacturing in metropolitan areas.
- German consumer demand on hold. // Market: Europe;Feb2005, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p8
Presents the results of a survey of consumer demand in Germany in 2004, conducted by the British Broadcasting Corp. Increase in gross domestic product; Market prospects for 2005; Consumption in durable goods sector.
- Business Situation: Advance Estimates for the First Quarter of 2002. Larkins, Daniel; von Batchelder, Frederick // Survey of Current Business;May2002, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p1
Assesses the state of national income and product accounts in the U.S. for the first quarter of 2002. State of gross domestic product; Cause of the decline in the purchase of durable goods; Price index of gross domestic purchases. INSET: First-Quarter 2002 Advance GDP Estimate.
- IP: Taking A Dip In March. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Jun2008, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p5
The article explains the basis for the predicted 4.7% real gross domestic product (GDP) growth in 2008 for Brazil. This is reportedly due to a 6.6% increase in industrial output in March based on 12-month cumulative data. Over the same 12-month period, the cumulative data show that capital goods...
- Data-Free Day Leaves Munis Unchanged. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32533, p2
The article reports on the lack of change of the municipal market following a stable Treasury market on a data-free day in the U.S. A 2.25 percent growth in gross domestic product, a 1.0 percent gain in durable good is forecasted by economists polled by IFR Markets. Nearly $385 million of...
- Prototype Quarterly Statistics on U.S. Gross Domestic Product by Industry, 2007-2011. Strassner, Erich H.; Wasshausen, David B. // Survey of Current Business;Jun2012, Vol. 92 Issue 6, p49
The article offers information on the prototype quarterly statistics on gross domestic product (GDP) by industry in the U.S. from 2007 to 2011. It states that except first quarter (Q1) of 2011, durable-goods manufacturing is considered as the leading contributor to all quarter growth. It...
- Annual Industry Accounts Advance Statistics on GDP by Industry for 2008. Kim, Donald D.; Lindberg, Brian M.; Monaldo, Justin M. // Survey of Current Business;May2009, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p22
The article presents an advance statistics on the gross domestic product (GDP) by industry in 2008 in the U.S. as revealed by the Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA). It has been analyzed that the downturn in durable goods and nondurable goods manufacturing, retail trade, and finance have...
- Economic Prospects in Pakistan. // Economic Review (05318955);Oct2003, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p7
Reports on the economic conditions in Pakistan as of October 2003. Improvement of the incentive structures for the agriculture sector; Increase of demand for automobiles and consumer durable goods; Growth of gross domestic product.
- Economic Activity. // Economic Trends (07482922);Dec2002, p10
Focuses on the annual rate of the real gross domestic product (GDP) in the U.S. Increase in personal consumption expenditures; Effect of durable goods expenditures on consumer spending; Contributions of residential investment and government spending on GDP growth.