Wasmer Schroeder Hires Muni Portfolio Manager
- Muni Fund Inflows Decline. Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;5/19/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34111, p1
The article offers information that Lipper FMI (Fund Market Information), a subsidiary of media and information firm Thomson Reuters Corp., has reported a decrease in the municipal (muni) bond fund inflows in May 2014. Topics include the views of Michael Schroeder, president of financial...
- Market Close: Low-Supply Munis May Bypass Tax Season Doldrums. Flynn, Hillary; Bonello, Maria // Bond Buyer;3/18/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34077, p1
The article focuses on the impact of low municipal bond issuance on tax season from decreasing the demand for bonds in March 2014 and April 2014. Topics discussed include decline in total issuance for January 2014 and February 2014, the impact of Puerto Rico's and California's 11 billion U.S....
- Manager's new housing moves give his fund a boost. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;01/20/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30561, p7
Profiles managers of top performing intermediate municipal bond funds. Factors attributed to the managers' success; Portfolio manager of the One Group Municipal Income Intermediate Fund, Patrick Morrissey's investment in multifamily housing bonds; manager of the Tax-Exempt Intermediate Fund of...
- Structure vs. Credit Quality: For Some, the Answer Is a Compromise. // Bond Buyer;04/19/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30622, p7
Presents different views on which between structural elements and credit quality is more important when selecting a municipal bond portfolio. Incorporation of duration management or yield gathering; Matching of the funds' durations with interest rate outlook; Keys to balancing structure and...
- Emphasis on income amid low rates fuels short-term managers' success. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;05/12/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30639, p6
Focuses on portfolio management trends that affect municipal bond market performance in the United States in 1999. Emphasis on income-oriented bonds; Viability of bond investments by the year 2001 due to money market eligibility of bond investments.
- Portfolio managers ride yield from advance-refunded New York credits. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;08/26/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30465, p8
Looks at the performance of municipal bonds in New York City and State as of July 21, 1998. Portfolio managers' holding on to yield-producing paper; Approach by USAA Investment Management; Large number of advance refundings that have resulted from New York City and New York State's solid...
- Virginia debt is fine, but just try finding the right sort. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;09/22/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30483, p6
Discusses portfolio managers' assessment of the State of Virginia's municipal fund performance in 1998. Impact of the state's diversified economy and tough fiscal management on the municipal market; Portfolio manager Robert Pariseau's focus on single-A rated hospital revenue bonds for rural...
- Wasmer Schroeder Buys Into Midwest. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;8/22/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31208, p6
Reports the expansion of Wasmer, Schroeder & Co., an investment adviser specializing in municipal bond portfolio management in the United States. Purchase of the GLC Capital Management by the company; Role of the GLC Capital as a platform for marketing the Wasmer services; Market of GLC Capital.
- Wasmer Schroeder Hires Insurer, Rating Vet to Run Credit Research. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/20/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33100, p27
The article announces that Reid Tomlin was appointed as director of municipal research for Wasmer, Schroeder & Co.