MSRB Proposes Expanding Test Requirements
- MSRB Requests Comment on Muni Continuing Education. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;12/16/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34028, p1
The article reports that the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) has called for public comments to endure that its municipal securities staff receive annual municipal bind training. It informs that the MSRB proposal will alter the continuing education requirements as laid in the board's...
- MSRB Could Change G-38 Proposal. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/23/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31869, p1
Focuses on the possibility for Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to propose prohibition on dealers' use of independent consultants to obtain municipal bond business. Deliberation about municipal consultants; Deadline for comments on the proposed prohibition; Finalization of rule G-37.
- Munis Firmer Amid Light Secondary Action. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/23/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33221, p2
The article presents a market analysis of municipal bonds in the U.S. The author mentions that the municipal market was slightly better amid the light secondary trading on November 20, 2009. Moreover, majority of the Treasury market experienced some losses, while the trades reported by the...
- MSRB Issues Guidance for Transaction Reporting Ahead of Real-Time Debut. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/27/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32058, p4
Reports on the issuance of a notice providing guidance on submissions of trades, error feedback, and other issues in connection with the real-time transaction reporting by the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board. Inclusion of a list of telephone numbers that dealers can call for...
- Munis Unchanged in Light Trading. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/5/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32808, p2
The article reports on the performance of municipal bond and Treasury markets in the U.S. for the week ending February 4, 2008. At the end of the week, the municipal market was unchanged to slightly weaker in light trading, following Treasuries. According to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking...
- MSRB Proposes System For ARS Information. Ackerman, Andrew; Schroeder, Peter; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/18/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32838, p1
The article reports on the proposal of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) to establish a centralized system fro the collection and dissemination of critical information related to auction-rate securities (ARS) in the U.S. The proposal aims to address the problem of lack of...
- MSRB Wants To Release All Data. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/15/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30891, p1
Reports on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's expansion of its transaction reporting program to make pricing and other data from all municipal securities transactions available on a delayed basis. Commitment to make transaction data more comprehensive and more contemporaneous; Expected...
- MSRB Issues Guidance on Muni Trading. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;09/29/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30986, p1
Reports on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board' (MSRB) issuance of guidance on municipal bond trading in the United States. Fewer regulatory requirements for dealers; Interpretation of how MSRB rules apply to both electronic and conventional trading.
- MSRB Plans Two New Draft Rules. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/27/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31085, p1
Focuses on Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's plan to propose two draft rules in the United States. Prohibition of dealers from trading most bonds below the minimum denominations set by issuers; Need for dealers to pass on default notices and other key information about bonds.