Judge Wants More Details in U.S. Bank Housing Bond Case
- Bondholders, U.S. Bank in Tug-of-War Over Payments. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;08/25/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30962, p1
Reports on default on bond issues in Virginia and Pennsylvania. Refusal of the U.S. Bank to pay investors; Withholding of interest payments; Funding of the debt service reserve fund.
- Ocean Journey Bondholders Getting $2.24 Million from U.S. Bank. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/15/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31740, p3
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Bank to forward payments to investors who hold failed revenue bonds issued to finance Ocean Journey's aquarium in Denver, Colorado. Issuance of unrated bonds; Percentage of coupon rates; Completion of other outstanding Ocean Journey debt.
- Net Outflows Continue, With More Than $1 Billion in October. Briggs, Amanda // Bond Buyer;12/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31773, p44
Reports on the performance of municipal bond mutual funds in the U.S. as of December 3, 2003. Net outflow in October 2003; Decline of the funds.
- Strapped Virginia State Fund to Issue POBs. Neel, Dan // Investment Management Weekly;2/17/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the plan of the West Virginia Investment Management Board to issue pension obligation bonds in a move to alter its underfunded status.
- What'S good for the economy is bad for bonds. // Money;Jul1994, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p46
Presents a chart and news that says with the bond market registering its usual spoilsport response to any signs of economic merriment, the return on the bonds is dropping.
- Expected selloff doesn't materialize. // High Yield Report;09/22/97, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p1
Focuses on the selloff of bonds in mutual fund accounts for 1997. How high yield pundits revealed in November 1997; Impact of the selloff on investors; Comment from Paul Greenberg, head of research at Bear Stearns.
- Heaviest investors in insured bonds are big mutual fund companies. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;06/05/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30408, p8
Reports on the investments of mutual fund companies in insured bonds in the United States. Protection against default; Tracking of the demand for insured bonds.
- Market indicators. // Bond Buyer;01/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30799, p1A
Presents statistics regarding the value of various types of bonds and mutual funds as of January 2000.
- Escrowed bonds = Toxic waste, money managers warn. Picard, Diane // Financial Planning;Sep98, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p19
Explains why financial advisers should be wary of mutual funds carrying escrowed bonds. Views of Jack Heilbron, president of Centurion Counsel Inc., on escrowed or over-funded coupon bonds; Implication of creating an escrowed bond; Reason for the popularity of escrowed bonds.