Arkansas Group Backs Amendment to Lure Business With GOs
- ARKANSAS: Amendments Named. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/1/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33706, p9
The article reports on the approval of bond-related constitutional amendments in Arkansas by Attorney General Dustin McDaniel.
- PUBLIC NOTICE. // East Bernard Express (TX);9/15/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 37, p5
The article discusses several constitutional amendments in Texas, including the amendment which allows legislature to permit a county to issue bonds to fund an area within the county, which authorizes governor to grant a reprieve, and which extends the length of unexpired term.
- Fighting the tide. // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/02/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p10
Opinion. Opposes the State Issue 1, a proposed constitutional amendment allowing the issuance of bonds for land preservation in Ohio. Supporters and endorsers of the amendment; Concern over the absence of specific language regarding the distribution of bond money; Cost efficiency of the land...
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;2/15/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32071, p31
Reports developments related to municipal bonds in the U.S. Southwest region. Proposed amendments to the Arkansas Constitution; Development plans for railroad relocation in Texas; Acquittal of former salt Lake County Mayor Nancy Workman of misusing public funds.
- Arkansas communities smacked with lawsuits over tax revenues. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/23/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30794, p23
Focuses on lawsuits over constitutional amendments affecting the taxing authority of local government units in Arkansas. Voters' authorization of small communities to repay bond issues with sales and property tax revenues; Lawyer Dale Evans' allegations of abuse of authority by small communities.
- Colorado, Reevaluating, Expects Smaller Tran Issuance Next Year. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;11/13/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31016, p40
Reports the issuance of transportation revenue anticipation notes by the Transportation Department in Colorado. Details on the issued notes; Approval of a constitutional amendment requiring the state to divert funding for education; Plans of the state officials to sell bonds to fund roads and...
- Bid to Bring Back Rate Cap. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/21/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33536, p9
The article reports that Eugene Sayre, the attorney seeking to overturn Arkansas state constitutional amendment that removed the interest rate cap on state and municipal bonds, has said that the measure should never have been put on the November 2010 ballot.
- Voters Ready to Weigh In on Debt and Taxes. Williamson, Richard; Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/2/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33409, p4
The article presents a forecast on how U.S. voters will vote on ballot initiatives concerning debt and taxes and choose a Congress that could restrict federal spending in favor of austerity measures. It cites the fear in Colorado's bond community concerning the possibility of voters to approve...
- Florida High-Speed Rail Advocate Sues to Stymie Opponents. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p4
Reports that C.C. Dockery, the most ardent supported of Florida's high-speed rail is alleging irregularities in the petition drive in 2004 that seeks a referendum to repeal the constitutional amendment requiring the state to build a high-speed train system. Key issues of interest; Analysis of...