Motivational Climate, Motor-Skill Development, and Perceived Competence: Two Studies of Developmentally Delayed Kindergarten Children
- THE SOCIAL CONSTRUCTION OF AUTONOMY: A MOTIVATIONAL MODEL. Yanay, Niza // Social Behavior & Personality: An International Journal;1994, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p209
This paper argues for a pluralistic, experientially constructed self-concept of autonomy that is embodied in self-feelings and is motivational!) defined. Such a motivational model of autonomy is proposed in place of the commonly accepted personality-based model, grounded in the analytic...
- Teachers' Autonomy and Scientific Training. Kamii, Constance // Education Digest;Oct1981, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p9
The article discusses issues related to autonomy and scientific training of teachers. When behavioral objectives and a testing program are imposed, teachers do not have the right to decide what to teach, how to teach, and how to evaluate the outcome. Teachers become the mere instrument of other...
- Motivating an underachiever. Miles, Karen // Parenting;Mar2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p174
Offers advice on motivating underachieving children ages 5 to 8 years old. Technique for leading by example; Way of showing children how to follow through; Method for encouraging children to read.
- Check your engine to see if you're fired up. // Managing People at Work;Sep2010, Issue 342, p5
The article offers suggestions on how to motivate one's self which include identifying what is good and expressing gratitude for it and embracing new experiences.
- WHAT PEOPLE, EVENTS, OR PHILOSOPHIES HELP MOTIVATE YOU THE MOST? // Public Management (00333611);Apr2011, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p4
The article presents various answers to the question on the people, events or philosophies that motivate a person the most.
- CHEERS FOR THE FINISH. // Self;Sep2002, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p132
Discusses findings of a study, published in the 'Science' journal, which showed that achieving a goal triggers the anterior cingulate, a brain area linked to motivation.
- Motivation in the School Age Child. Bernhardt, Karl S. // Education;Dec1951, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p263
The article discusses the importance of motivation to school age children. It has become clear that an understanding of the kinds of motives which influence the activity of the school child is essential for teachers, parents and others concerned with the education of the child. Motivation is not...
- Growing into competence. Nelson, Sara // Working Mother;Apr98, p56
Focuses on the urge for autonomy in three- and four-years olds, which should be nurtured. Comment that the preschool child's belief that she can do anything is a positive development; Why it is important to let children feel they are capable of accomplishment; Examples of messages that can be...
- When Choice Motivates and When It Does Not. Katz, Idit; Assor, Avi // Educational Psychology Review;Dec2007, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p429
This article addresses the controversy regarding the value of offering choices as a teaching practice. Inconsistent of results regarding the effects of choice in various settings suggest that choice can be either motivating or de-motivating. Based on the self-determination theory of motivation...