Ciao Monti; Buongiorno Mergers?
- Europe says NO to GE. Kurlantzick, Joshua // U.S. News & World Report;06/25/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 25, p43
Focuses on plans of General Electric (GE) to acquire Honeywell International. Assertion of the European Union (EU) that they will resist United States muscle in the commercial sector; Strict conditions which are set by EU antitrust regulators; Questions of whether the EU is unfairly trying to...
- WHY ALL BUYERS SHOULD CARE ABOUT The GE/Honeywell Misfire. Sikora, Martin; Shearer, Brent // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Sep2001, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p6
Reports the decision of European Commission to reject the merger between General Electric Co. and Honeywell International Inc. in the United States. Reason behind the acquisition of General Electric Co. on Heller Financial Inc.; Reaction of European Commission on the merger; Provision of...
- GE's Own Arrogance Thwarted Bid To Acquire Honeywell. Velocci Jr., Anthony L. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/9/2001, Vol. 155 Issue 2, p29
Comments on the failure of General Electric Co. (GE) to win the approval of European regulators of its bid for Honeywell International Inc. in the United States. Lack of sophistication of GE to handle the proposal; Issuance of the United States Justice Department a second request for...
- GE/Honeywell Deal Jeopardized. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/18/2002, Vol. 259 Issue 25, p4
Reports on the problems faced by General Electric Co. (GE) on its proposed acquisition of Honeywell International Inc. Divestiture package submitted by GE to European regulatory authorities; Estimate on the sales of the combine business.
- GE to acquire Honeywell for US$45bn. // International Power Generation;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p7
Reports on General Electric Co.'s acquisition of Honeywell International Inc. Terms of agreement.
- General Electric Purchases Honeywell. Hall, John R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/30/2000, Vol. 211 Issue 9, p1
Reports on General Electric Co.'s acquisition of Honeywell International Inc. Terms of agreement; Benefits from the acquisition; Nature of business of the two companies; Stock deal.
- MANUFACTURING'S BIG CHANCE. Panchak, Patricia // Industry Week/IW;11/06/2000, Vol. 249 Issue 18, p7
Focuses on the proposed merger of General Electric Co. with Honeywell International Inc. Significance of the proposed deal to the manufacturing industry; Status of the industry; Impact of technology to the industry.
- When Jack Met Mario. Elliott, Michael // Time;7/2/2001, Vol. 157 Issue 26, p42
Comments on the failure of the General Electric (GE) Co. and Honeywell International Inc. proposed merger because of a ruling by the European Commission's competition division. Details of the commission's investigtation into the merger and its request for GE to dispose of assets; Mention of...
- When Jack Met Mario. Elliott, Michael // Time International (South Pacific Edition);7/2/2001, Issue 26, p37
Comments on the failure of the General Electric (GE) Co. and Honeywell International Inc. proposed merger because of a ruling by the European Commission's competition division. Details of the commission's investigation into the merger and its request for GE to dispose of assets; Mention of...