Net College Sales Jump 23.5%, Pushing YTD Sales To $438 Million
- BIP: Top 10 Children's Publishers Own 25% of Recent Titles. // Book Publishing Report;12/4/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 47, p4
The article offers information on Simba Information Inc.'s Children's Publishing Market Forecast 2007 report. According to the data on the report, the largest ten publishers, which is ranked by titles published, hold 25% of all juvenile titles published over the last five years. While the top...
- B&N.com Posts Modest Sales Gains. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/2/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 5, p7
Provides information on the business performance of Barnes & Noble.COM in 2003. Increase in net sales for 2003; Sales on a comparable basis; Sales projection in 2004.
- Industry Sales Flat in '06. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/28/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 22, p4
The article reports on the sales performance of the publishing industry in the U.S. in 2006. According to the preliminary estimates of the Association of American Publishers, total industry sales declined by 0.3 percent. While, trade sales increased by 2.9 percent despite small declines in...
- Slower Growth Forecast for 2008. // Publishers Weekly;6/2/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 22, p4
The article presents an outlook for book sales in the U.S. in 2008. According to the Book Industry Study Group, book sales are projected to increase by 3.2 percent in 2008. Sales gains in both adult hardcover and trade paperback segments are projected to be slightly lower than in 2007, while...
- 'Snicket' Boosts HarperCollins. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/7/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the sales of books from HarperCollins in the second quarter ended December 31, 2004. Sales of the book "The Grim Grotto"; Sales of books for adults; Total sales at HarperCollins worldwide during the period.
- Korea: The Right Place for Rights Trade? Sonne-Nijhoff, Joost // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer2005, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p61
This article discusses the decline of the Korean book market. The slowing growth of the Korean book market has to be seen in the light of the excellent years in 1990s. The total number of copies of new book titles in 2003 decreased by 5.1 percent and the number of new titles by 2.2 percent,...
- PRICE BY THE NUMBERS. // Publishers Weekly;8/1/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 30, p9
Presents the prices of several books published from 1995 to 2005.
- Category Review: Sports Book Market Stable but Segmented. // Book Publishing Report;Apr2007, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p1
The article presents a market analysis on sports and recreation books in the U.S. It states that the market could be poised for small growth as the popularity and importance of sports in the country has remained steady. It is also anticipated that sales for sports books will increase to about 3%...
- International Unit Leads Reader's Digest. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/7/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the sales increase in Reader's Digest's (RD) international group for the second quarter ended December 31, 2004. Reason for the sales increase in the international group; Weak categories of RD; Decrease in the sales in RD North America.