Blackboard Drives Revenue Up 15.9% In Q2, 20.2% In First Half
- McGraw-Hill Teams With Blackboard For Online Content Integration. // Educational Marketer;04/03/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p2
Reports on the agreement of McGraw-Hill Higher Education with Blackboard Inc. that allows the use of Blackboard platform to distribute its Online Learning Center content, which is free to instructors who adopt its textbooks.
- Blackboard Seeks Reprice of $867M Loan. Fest, Glen // High Yield Report;7/28/2014, p22
The article reports on the plan of higher education software firm Blackboard Inc. to reprice its loan of 867 million dollars in 2014 for the second time but retain its 2018 maturity date.
- From writing to publishing: A model for program development. Cowan, Ann // Book Research Quarterly;Spring90, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p48
Describes the advantages of using university programs for noncredit education to support courses in publishing. Use of these program to permit access to the resources of the industry and enable universities to serve publishers' educational needs.
- Higher education as a field of study: The leading journals. Keister, Stephen D. // Serials Review;Spring90, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p59
Cites several periodicals that best publish articles on higher education. Includes the `Academe'; `Change: The Magazine of Higher Learning'; `Chronicle of Higher Education.'
- Financial Briefs. // Educational Marketer;3/18/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p7
Reports on the rise in revenue of developer of software infrastructure systems Blackboard as of March 2002.
- Financial Briefs... // Educational Marketer;11/11/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 32, p9
Highlights the financial performance of electronic learning platform provider Blackboard for the third quarter ended September 30, 2002.
- Blackboard Nears Profits. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;6/3/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 22, p20
Reports that Blackboard Inc. is expecting profitability in 2002. Revenue growth posted by the firm in 2001; Size of the firm's client base; Factor attributed to the firm's growth.
- Publishing Training and Buchwissenschaft in Germany. Kerlen, Dietrich // Publishing Research Quarterly;Winter2001, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p23
Focuses on publishing training and the study of books in Germany. Value and role of books in German society; Universities in Germany that offer study programs on book publishing; Historical reasons for the lack of media studies in Germany.
- Publishing Education of China Faces the Challenge of Development. Yu, Huiming // Publishing Research Quarterly;Winter2001, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p28
Investigates the development of education for the publishing industry in China from 1980 to 2000. List of universities in China that offer publishing majors; Employment and professional demands for publishing major graduates; Formal professional training for employees in the publishing industry.