- Penguin Inks Manga Deal. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;8/9/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 32, p109
Reports on the deal between Penguin Group USA and Digital Manga, a California-based publisher, to publish a series of young adult and adult titles in the genre. Details of the deal; Broker of the deal; Statement issued by Isaac Lew, director of sales for Digital Manga, about the deal.
- Digital Manga Steps To the Forefront. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;3/15/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 11, p30
Reports on the plans of licenser and packager of manga for the U.S. market Digital Manga to publish its own titles in spring 2004. Efforts of Digital Manga President Hikaru Sasahara to run the Akadotretail Web site; Titles of manga in the U.S. that are co published by the company; Information...
- Talking books. Gebbels, Tim // Contemporary Review;Nov95, Vol. 267 Issue 1558, p242
Presents information on publishing in the 1990s. Highlights Penguin Books and its audiobook publishing operation; Comments from publishing manager Jan Paterson.
- Alpha Books Moving to Penguin. // Publishers Weekly;9/2/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 35, p10
Reports on the transition of Alpha Books from Pearson Technology Group to Penguin Putnam, as of September 2002. Target date for the completion of the transition.
- Influential Comics. Schliesman, Megan // Library Sparks;May/Jun2014, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p2
The article talks about the essentials of literature offered by comic strips, comic books, and graphic novels. Discussed are the appeal and influence of comics and graphic novels, children's trade book publishers, graphic-novel publishing, and early literacy instruction. Also mentioned are...
- comics: Not Just for Specialty Stores Anymore. Wolk, Douglas // Publishers Weekly;10/16/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 42, p36
Discusses the status of the comic book business in the United States as of October 2000. Updates on its sales; Changes in its publishing. INSETS: Eisner's Got Spirit;Matrix, the Storyboards, by Calvin Reid.
- Comic book store industry doing well in Las Vegas. Carroll, Laura // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);3/19/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 12, pP16
The article focuses on the comic book store industry in Las Vegas, Nevada. The closure of the Silver Cactus Comics is presented as an exception to an otherwise growing sector wherein the possibility of reopening in another location is mentioned. The thriving stores are discussed such as...
- Between Imagined Signs and Social Realities: Representing Others in Children's Fantasy and Folktale. Stephens, John // International Research in Children's Literature;2011, Vol. 4 Issue 2, pv
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Victoria Flanagan on a world in which the populace is homogenised with the exception of archaic enclaves and another by Hiroko Sasada on the on-going manga series "One Piece."
- The new adventures of blacks in the comic book business. // Black Enterprise;Nov94, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p88
Focuses on black comic book creators and states that there are approximately 30 titles claiming Afrocentric of multicultural products. Onli and `Malcolm 10,' `Nog,' and `Sustah Girl'; ANIA, an association of black comic book publishers.