Romance & Detective Tales Rule Ingram Paperback List
- Ingram, PMA launch program to aid small publishers. Kinsella, Bridget // Publishers Weekly;8/4/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 32, p24
Announces Ingram Book Company's launch of a program called Ingram Express. Cooperation of Publishers Marketing Association; Aim of including publishers with fewer than ten titles on the Ingram database; Numbers of publishers meeting criteria; Ingram requirements; Advantages to small publishers.
- Ingram to Open Distribution Center in Pennsylvania. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/23/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 30, p11
Reports on the plan of publishing company Ingram Book Group to open a distribution center in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. Decision to close distribution centers in several states; Number of work force to be employed at the planned distribution center; Financial package offered by the state to...
- Books on demand at lightning print: P.O.D. goes head-to-head with offset. Alexander, George A. // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;12/14/98, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p3
Focuses on Ingram Book Co.'s Lightning Print, a print-on-demand service for book publishers. Two kinds of fees paid by the publisher; Description of the books that Lightning Print makes; Production and prepress equipment; Supporting software; Production process. INSETS: Other book-on-demand...
- In the Loop... // Book Publishing Report;02/12/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p6
Reports on developments concerning the publishing industry as of February 12, 2001. Appointment of Heather Reisman chief executive officer of Chapters: Plan of Ingram Book Group to close its Denver, Colorado distribution center; Lightning Source Inc.'s agreement with Didio Communications.
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;6/25/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p7
Reports on executive changes at United States publishing firms Ingram Book Co. and Talk Miramax Books as of June 2001. Promotion of Julie Burns to president of Ingram; Hiring by Talk Miramax of Kathy Schneider and JillElyn Riley.
- Literary presses in crisis. Coffey, Michael // Publishers Weekly;11/20/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 47, p47
Focuses on small publishers' concerns over the factors that could bring an end to their growth cycle. Budget cut for the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA); Endangered status of independent booksellers; Threat from chain superstores; National clout of Ingram Book; Disappearance of...
- Will his stores survive? Lorinc, John // Quill & Quire;Jun97, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p9
Reports on operational and financial problems faced by Tom Bollum's book superstore mini-chain as of April 1997. Creditors of the superstore; Impact of failure of the superstore on its largest creditor U.S.-based wholesale company Ingram Corp.; Possible reasons for its problems.
- Pelican using lightning print to get up to speed. Summer, Bob // Publishers Weekly;8/10/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 32, p236
Discusses Pelican Publishing's reprinting of many of Ingram's Lightning Print titles by the print-on-demand system. How the paperback reprints will be the first to bear Pelican's Firebird Press imprint; Preparation for additional Firebird reprints; How Lightning Print titles have saved Pelican...
- Ingram Growth to Come from Broader Programs. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/29/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 22, p18
Looks at the business operations of the Ingram Book Group. Strategies that it plans in order to stay competitive in the book industry; Information on the agreement with USgift.com; Investments that it made.