- AETIOLOGY OF BURNS IN ADOLESCENTS ADMITTED TO A PAEDIATRIC BURNS UNIT. // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Apr2003 Supplement, Vol. 88, pA24
Presents an abstract of the study 'Aetiology of Burns in Adolescents Admitted to a Paediatric Burns Unit,' by A. Kelly and A. Young, presented at the 7th Spring Meeting of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health.
- Man posed as ED doctor, used lost badge, police say. // Healthcare Risk Management;Jul2008, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p82
The article reports that police in Atlanta, Georgia have arrested a man posing as an emergency department (ED) physician in a children's hospital.
- Diwali Fire Cracker Burn at Manipal. Konchada, Kamesh; Sharan, Anurag; Kumar, Pramod // Journal of Society for Wound Care & Research;Jan-Dec2012, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p45
The authors report on the incidence of Diwali burn at Manipal in South India in 2012. Six cases of cracker fire burns were treated following the Diwali festival in 2012. All the cases were managed conservatively on conventional closed dressings, analgesics and oral antibiotics. The authors...
- Better Care for Burn Victims. // Time;Mar1971, Vol. 97 Issue 9, p42
The article offers information on the advancements in burn injury treatments. With more U.S. hospitals opening well-equipped burn centers since 1947, burn treatment has improved and death rate has become constant. It is stated that since 1965, the treatment developed by doctor Irving Feller has...
- UN CENTRO CUIDADO INTENSIVAMENTE. // Latin Trade (Spanish);nov/dic2008, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p41
No abstract available.
- WHEN A FIREFIGHTER GETS BURNED. Tempereau, Clinton E. // Fire Management Notes;1996, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p21
Provides information on the recovery of wildland fire fighters who suffered major burns. Activities in the burn facility; Treatment of traumatic shock and patient's condition; Guidelines for giving support.
- healing the burn. Haire, Pat // Sarasota Magazine;Feb2001, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p255
Describes state-of-the-art procedures in treating burn victims in Florida. Practice of immediate surgical removal of burned tissue and application of skin grafts; Areas of the body used for skin grafts; Use of cultured skin when large areas of the body have been burned; Development of an...
- Dousing Burn Infections. Dumiak, Michael // Defense Technology International;Nov2010, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p11
The article reports on a chemical sensor that monitors the status of burn wounds being tested by researchers at a regional hospital in Kaunas, Lithuania. The sensors have the potential to accelerating the treatment of harmful post-burn infections. A model for regulatory approval is also being...
- Parameters and criteria in the evaluation of the "necessity" of a burn center in an industrial and residential high-density region: northwestern Lombardy. Valdatta, L.; Buoro, M.; Thione, A.; Tuinder, S.; Mortarino, C.; Dionigi, R. // European Journal of Plastic Surgery;Apr2003, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p14
This study, performed at Ospedale di Circolo in Varese, stresses the high frequency of burn injuries in northwestern Lombardy and the high risk of new accidents; we also want to emphasize that the burn centers available in Lombardy are not sufficient, and according to the data that has been...