Lifelong medical licences may end in 5 years
- Countdown to Grandfathering Expiration Date. // O&P Almanac;Sep2014, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p64
The article presents questions and answers including what is a business associate (BA) and how to determine whether people, companies, and organizations are considered BAs.
- Didactic Surgical Education by Faculty: The Effect on American Board of Surgery In-Training Examination Percentile Scores. Mahmoud, Ahmed; Matolo, Nathaniel; Sloan, Dean; MacBeth, Andrew; Chang, Tony // American Surgeon;Dec2006, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p1176
The article discusses the effect of didactic surgical education by faculty on American Board of Surgery In-Training Examination (ABSITE) percentile scores. Information on ABSITE is presented. The ABSITE percentile scores and United States Licensing Examination scores of residents in the program...
- New Exam Tests Med Students' Patient Skills. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Oct2003, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p6
Announces the requirement of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination board for a clinical skills exam of all medical students. Actual training and skills testing.
- Opportunities for Certification in Military Medicine. Rich, Norman M. // Military Medicine;Sep2003 Supplement, Vol. 168 Issue 9, p27
Discusses the opportunities for certification in military medicine in the U.S. Importance of a certification; Background on the American Board of Internal Medicine, which provides certification; Difference of military medicine and surgery from civilian practice.
- IRREGULAR BEHAVIOR. // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Sep2007 Your DVM Career, Vol. 38, p10
The article presents an oath that examination takers should sign before taking the North American Veterinary Licensing Examination (NAVLE). It states that the examination is owned and copyrighted by the National Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners (NBVME). Furthermore, the NBVME defines...
- About NBVME. // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Sep2007 Your DVM Career, Vol. 38, p10
The article provides information about the National Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners (NBVME). It is a nonprofit, professional veterinary examination service that offers psychometrically sound and defensible examinations for use by governmental licensing agencies. Meanwhile, the article also...
- Million dollar MD loses Ontario licence. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;7/27/99, Vol. 161 Issue 2, p123
Mentions the case of a physician who was investigated by Ontario's Medical Review Committee. Why he lost his license to practice in the province; Why he cannot be identified.
- NATIONAL PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION SCHEME FOR HEALTH PRACTITIONERS. KHOURY, RAYMOND // Journal of the Australian Traditional-Medicine Society;Dec2008, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p235
The article offers information on the National Professional Registration Scheme for health practitioners created by the Council of Australian Governments. The new scheme applies to nurses, midwives, pharmacists, physiotherapists, psychologists, osteopaths, chiropractors, optometrists and...
- Proposed changes to the United States Medical Licensing Examination: impact on curricula and libraries. Kies, Susan; Shultz, Mary // Journal of the Medical Library Association;Jan2010, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p12
The authors discuss changes in the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE). They mention that students and faculty will have to navigate the changes in the examination process and medical school curriculum. They suggest that medical libraries provide appropriate resources in medical...