Fighting to the finish
- editor's letter. Tesolin, Vic // Canadian Woodworking;Jun/Jul2009, Issue 60, p2
The article various reports published within the issue, including one by Rob Brown on how to effectively build wood furniture, another one by Michael Kampen on woodcraft tools and one by Marty Schlosser oak finishing process.
- 15th Surtex hits Javits on May 21. // Home Textiles Today;02/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p36
Provides information on the 15th annual edition of the Surtex Exhibition, the international showcase for selling and licensing designs for every surface, which will be held in New York City on May 21 to 23, 2000. Number of exhibitors; Expected number of attendees; Contact information.
- market NeoCon World's Trade Fair. Singh, Karen D. // Interior Design;Aug2004, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p77
Shows several decorative fabrics, furniture, and finishes that are displayed at the NeoCon World's Trade Fair in 2004. Askew fabric line designed by Emanuela Frattini Magnusson for HBF Textiles; 3 Women collection of contemporary lounge; Balance lounge and sofa collection by Jeffrey Bernett;...
- Kids: Full beds, darker finishes. Casinger, Lisa // Furniture/Today;8/13/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 48, p24
The article reports that youth furniture resources displaying at the Las Vegas Market in Nevada responded to consumer demands with offerings that included more full beds and darker finishes. Furniture. Basics Inc.'s best-selling bed is a twin over full. Alligator Furniture made its Las Vegas...
- Double helpings. Knight, Deena // Cabinet Maker;07/09/99, Issue 5145, p18
Presents the International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF) and Surtex, world-renowned furniture exhibitions in the United States. Focus on contemporary residential and contract furnishings; Design trends expected at the beginning of the next millennium; Commentaries from furniture companies...
- CLEAN CUT. // Belle;Apr/May2008, p214
An interview with architect Steve Domoney regarding his kitchen design project is presented. He discusses the layout of a kitchen, which will be divided into two areas, an open, part-of-living spaces portion and a hidden preparation space. He presents some of the key finishes of the kitchen,...
- Curvaceous creations. // Cabinet Maker;5/12/2006, Issue 5487, p35
The article recommends Dutch cabinet maker Mario Philippona to people who prefer a curved finish to their furniture. He uses the female anatomy as inspiration for his collection of tables, chairs and cupboards. Philippona has an exhibit at the Gallery Kralingen in Rotterdam in June 2006.
- Kitchen design future grows darker. // Builders Merchants Journal;Mar2000, p20
Looks at the different kitchen designs featured in the 2000 International Furniture Fair in Cologne, England. Designs of modern kitchens; Factors that influence kitchen designs; Importance of multifunctional furniture as an element in the new designs; Italian influences on the kitchen designs;...
- From the Editor: A fresh look. Sramcik, Tim // Automotive Body Repair News;Jun2009 Supplement, ps4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article about the latest fillers, equipment, products and steps by Al Thomas, the history of refinishes with guidance by Charles Wilhite, and the important formulas, facts and figures for making shop purchases by Kevin...