Argos boosts product offer
- Argos to introduce next day delivery as it launches home furnishings catalogue. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;04/03/98, Issue 5082, p2
Reports on catalog retailer Argos' partnership with home shopping firm Littlewoods Organization PLC to launch a home furnishings catalog and a next day delivery service in Great Britain. Current period of delivery offered by Argos; Trial date of the catalogs; Argos' problems in marketing the...
- Home extension. // Cabinet Maker;2/2/2007, Issue 5523, p5
The article offers information on the 2007 Spring/Summer edition of "Argos Home Catalog" that has been released in Argos' 230 stores in Great Britain. The new 348-page catalog features more than 100 additional exclusive lines, across lounge and dining, beds, and bedroom cabinets. The celebrity...
- Division split offs lift market hopes. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;3/31/2006, Issue 5481, p6
The article reports on the profitability of home furnishing retail stores in Great Britain compiled as of March 2006, citing the financial benefits of the division of Experian credit checking from the Argos/Homebase retail group. Marks & Spencer's gain easily lifted shares above popular price...
- Fun with Numbers. Marks, Jennifer // Home Textiles Today;7/19/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p46
In this article the author discusses the slight increase of sales of the home textile industry in the first half of 2010 wherein almost half of the top 50 home textile retailers became part of the 2010 ranking.
- September surprises. // Cabinet Maker;10/15/99, Issue 5159, p5
Reports on the results of the CBI Distributive Trades Survey, which reveals that house furnishings retailers in Great Britain experienced annual sales volume growth in September 1999.
- Magnet attracts profits. // Cabinet Maker;05/26/2000, Issue 5189, p3
Reports on the rise in the operating profits achieved by house furnishings company Magnet during the period ended April 1, 2000.
- Homewares sales swing back and forth. // Cabinet Maker;6/13/2003, Issue 5342, p7
Presents the graphs depicting the sales performance of homewares industry in Great Britain as of June 2003.
- About the numbers. // Furniture/Today;8/6/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p9
Interprets the financial performance of house furnishings companies in the United States, compiled by the 'Furniture/Today' periodical.
- Argos sales pick up. // Cabinet Maker;10/18/2002, Issue 5309, p3
Reports on the increase in the sales of Argos in Great Britain. Impact of the launch of the Autumn/Winter catalogue on the company's sales; Total number of lines in the catalogue; Growth in the number of account holders of the company.