Fairfax County, Va., Putting $325M in GOs to Voters
- Municipal Bond Elections. // Bond Buyer;11/2/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32251, p25
Presents schedules of referendum related to municipal bonds in the U.S.
- Municipal Bond Elections. // Bond Buyer;8/31/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32208, p30
Presents a listing of municipal bond elections in the U.S. from September 10-November 15, 2005.
- Loudon County, Va., Puts $108M of GOs on Nov. Ballot. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31938, p4
Reports on the request for voters to approve the general obligation bonds in a referendum in Loudoun County, Virginia. Approval of the board of supervisors for the borrowing plans; Use of the bond proceeds to fund projects related to school construction; Division of the debt request into two...
- Sixty Industry, Calif., Voters OK $500M Of GOs, With $150M for New Stadium. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/22/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33046, p3
The article reports on the approval of the $500 million of general obligation bonds in San Francisco, California. The $150 million will be used to finance infrastructure needed for a proposed National Football League stadium. The city has just 84 registered voters and the referendum required a...
- Prince William County, Va., May See $1.72B of GOs Over 13 Years. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/13/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32049, p5
The article reports that officials in Prince William County, Virginia, are considering to bring a US$1.72 billion of general obligation bonds in a series of referendums, primarily to keep up with the strong demand for new roads in the rapidly growing locality. Of the US$1.72 billion, US$ 1.54...
- Political capital? Look no further than the GOP. Gibbons, Valerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/5/2004, Issue 323213, p3
Reports on the passage of California's recovery bond as well as Proposition 58 at a reference held. Efforts of governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to promote the deficit bond; Bipartisan theme of the campaign; Goal of the propositions to refinance existing debt from the shortfall in last year's...
- Jupiter on the Horizon. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31961, p27
Reports on the approval of the sale of general obligation bonds to protect remaining vacant land for conservation and right-of-way purposes by voters in Jupiter, Florida.
- Williamson County, Tex., Weighs $100M Road Bond Referendum. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/23/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32345, p36
The article reports that officials from Williamson County, Texas have proposed a new $100 million road bond referendum. They have spent nearly all of the proceeds from a $350 million general obligation bond package approved in 2000. The additional bond proceeds would finance projects that were...
- MIDWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;8/11/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31945, p30
Presents a chart depicting municipal bonds in the Midwest.