MUNICIPAL BOND ACTIVITIES
- TBMA Asks S&P to Do Narrative-Based Derivative Analyses. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/2/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32311, p32
The article reports on the encouragement of the Bond Market Association to let Standard & Poor's Corp. to eliminate the numeric scoring system for its Debt Derivative Profile program and to move to narrative-based analysis of issuers' derivatives exposures. The program has been used by the...
- Municipal Bond Activities. // Bond Buyer;4/22/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33304, p21
A calendar of events related to municipal bonds from April 23, 2010 to May 20, 2010 is presented, including a seminar hosted by California Debt and Investment Advisory Commission, the annual Federal Policy Conference of the Council of Infrastructure Financing Authorities, and the panel...
- Reedy Creek District On S&P CreditWatch. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/28/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31233, p4
Reports that rating agency Standard & Poor's has placed the ad valorem tax-backed bonds and the utility revenue bonds of the Reedy Creek Improvement District in Florida on its CreditWatch list. Rationale behind the step taken by the rating agency; Impact of Reedy Creek determination on its...
- Finding Safety: As Recession Descends, High-Rated Debt Is Best. Yacoe, Don // Bond Buyer;12/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31284, p22
Questions the safety of Pennsylvania municipal bonds in the event of an economic recession in the U.S. Advantages of opting for insured debt; Factors that could worry bondholders; Debt ratings of the state according to the financial rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp.
- S&P puts Tulsa county criminal agency on CreditWatch; negative implications. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;01/08/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30306, p7
States that Standard & Poor's has placed the Tulsa County, Oklahoma Criminal Justice Authority's sales tax-backed bonds on CreditWatch with negative implications. Court ruling that jail trust agency was created under an improperly used statute; County's indication of intent to repay debt.
- S&P to Bid Adieu to Blue List. Fine, Jacob; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;6/19/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31163, p1
Reports that Standard and Poor's plans to stop publishing the 'Blue List' municipal bonds publication on August 17, 2001. Background on the journal's coverage of the municipal bond market in the United States.
- After Six Decades, the Blue List Calls It Quits. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;8/20/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31206, p25
Reports on the final issue of Standard & Poor's Corp.'s Blue List. Competition in the changing market for offering municipal bonds in the secondary market in the United States; Secondary market gauge.
- S&P affirms N.Y.C. GO rating at A-Minus. // Bond Buyer;03/10/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30595, p2
Cites Standard & Poor's assignment of an A-minus rating to New York City's general obligation (GO) bonds, Series 1999H, scheduled to sell in March 1999. Affirmation of the ratings on the city's outstanding GO debt at A-minus; Improvement of the city's fiscal health.
- Chicago suburb to sell GO-backed ballpark debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;08/03/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30448, p4
Reports that the suburb of Schaumburg in Chicago, Illinois will sell $15 million of general obligation bonds for a minor league ballpark. Bond rating by Standard & Poor's Corp.; First Chicago Capital Markets Inc. as manager of the deal; Structure of the bonds.