The Trading Floor
- TOP 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;7/13/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33147, p28
The article offers news briefs related to bond buyers. Jefferson County, Alabama disclosed what is believed to be the county's first missed payment to owners of its sewer warrants after defaulting on $46 million of accelerated. Dallas, Colorado is facing a structural fiscal crisis that will...
- FSA Posts 39% Third-Quarter Gain; Assured Up 4%. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;11/8/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32006, p6
Reports on the earnings of U.S. bond insurers for the third quarter of 2004. Third-quarter profits of Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd., parent of Financial Security Assurance Inc.; Assured Guaranty Ltd.'s first full quarter earnings since its initial public offering.
- FSA Profit Falls, Despite Rise in Muni Business. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;12/20/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32282, p6
The article reports on the earnings announcement by Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. (FSA), a member of the European Dexia group. The company has reported that its third-quarter profit in 2005 has fallen 35.4% from the same period a year ago and net income for the quarter came in at...
- Financial Security Assurance Sees a Rise In Core Earnings, But Suffers a Net Loss. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;05/09/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30887, p6
Reports on the financial performance of Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. in the first quarter of 2000. Adjusted book value; Operating net income; Realized capital losses.
- Market-Share Leader FSA Reports 1Q Income Up 13% Over Last Year. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;5/3/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31379, p34
Reports the net income of Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. for the first quarter of year 2002 in New York. Percentage of income increase; Statement regarding the performance of the company by chairman Robert P. Cochran; Market share for insuring bond issues.
- Assured Guaranty to Buy FSA From Dexia. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;11/17/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33005, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. by Assured Guaranty Ltd. in the U.S. The acquisition includes Financial Security Assurance's financial products business from Franco-Belgian bank Dexia SA. The deal, composed of cash and stock, is said to make...
- Assured and FSA Facing Downgrades. // American Banker;5/22/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 98, p11
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service has advised that it may lower its ratings on Assured Guaranty Ltd. and Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. Moody's reduced its rating on both firms in November, 208, and cited concerns over mortgage portfolios they insure in issuing its latest warning.
- Assured Closes in on FSA Acquisition. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;6/11/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33130, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of Financial Security Assurance (FSA) Holdings Ltd. by Assured Guaranty Ltd. in the U.S. According to Assured and FSA parent Dexia SA, Assured expects to complete the acquisition on July 1, 2009. The deal will put the two most active remaining bond insurers...
- Assured Guaranty Announces Plans to Launch Stock Offering. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;6/17/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33133, p5
The article reports that Assured Guaranty Ltd. has announced to launch a combined $550 million offering of common shares and equity units with its acquisition of Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. in the U.S. Assured Guaranty has planned to offer three million equity units for $50 each...