Treasury to Propose SLGS Program Changes by Sept. 30
- Treasury seeks to block broad government securities legislation. Nagan, Peter S.; Kaufman, Kenneth A. // ABA Banking Journal;Oct85, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p36
Reports the opposition of the U.S. Treasury Department on the proposed broader legislation of government securities. Difficulties to acquire government securities; Changes in the book-entry system for government securities; Debate over the enactment of the legislation.
- Treasury considers ways to tackle SLGS financing abuse. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;08/04/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30201, p42
Reports that the US Treasury Department is working on new guidelines for issuers who use its State and Local Government Series (SLGS) securities as an interest rate hedge. Occasional use of SLGS by issuers planning an advance refunding to minimize negative arbitrage by simultaneously...
- Treasury 2-Years Go at 1.737% High. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/30/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31751, p2
Reveals that the U.S. Treasury auctioned two-year notes at a 1.737 percent yield.
- News In Brief: Treasury to Buy Back Up to $1.75 Billion. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;11/15/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31266, p2
Reports on plans of the U.S. Treasury Department to buy back several of its outstanding bond issues that mature between February 2015 and August 2019. Settlement date of the issues; Closing time of the issues.
- News In Brief: Treasury to Sell 4-Weeks Today. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;12/4/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31277, p2
Reports on the plans of the U.S. Treasury Department to sell 19 billion dollars of the four-week discount bills. Auction of the bills to refund the maturing bills; Details of the date of issuance and maturity of the bills.
- Treasury: Power Output, But Few Other Bond Rules Due by June 30. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;5/13/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31385, p1
Reports the plan of the U.S. Treasury Department to release a bond-related regulatory item in Washington. Finalization of the electricity output regulations; Rules on the governance of allocating and accounting in private-activity bonds; Views of attorney-adviser for tax-exempt bonds Steve...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Sanchez, Humberto; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/27/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31541, p2
Presents news briefs regarding sales and auction of bonds in the U.S. as of December 27, 2002. Decrease in first-time applications for state unemployment benefits; Details of weekly auctions of the Treasury Department; Rise in the rating of Industrial Development Authority, issued for Christian...
- Treasury to Refund $74B to Raise $41B. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;8/5/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33362, p2
The article reports that the U.S. Treasury Department has announced that it will sell 74 billion dollars of securities to raise 41 billion dollars in its quarterly refunding.
- Treasury slates two-year note sale. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;04/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30625, p2
Reports that the United States Department of the Treasury will pay down $13.625 billion by auctioning $15 billion of two-year notes.