Post-Labor Day Debut
- A Spotlight on Muni Disclosure. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/2/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32784, p1
The article reports on the plan to revise Rule 15c2-12 on disclosure to pave the way for a muni-Edgar system in the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) chairman Christopher Cox said that he would like the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) to host the muni-Edgar system. If...
- Market Post: Munis Firmer on Active Secondary. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;10/21/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 33998, p1
The article informs that the due to increased activity in the secondary market, the U.S. municipal bond market has observed lower intermediate and long-term tax-exempt yields as of October 21, 2013.
- Voluntary Disclosure of Forward-Looking Earnings Information in Australia. Kent, Pamela; Ung, Karen // Australian Journal of Management (University of New South Wales);Dec2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p273
This study examines the voluntary disclosure of future earnings information in annual reports for Australian listed companies. We find that most Australian companies in our sample do not provide quantitative earnings, forecasts in their annual reports, although more than half of the sample do...
- Disclosure of information on order execution practices of market centers: how can investors utilize it? Saraoglu, Hakan; Ascioglu, N. Asli // Financial Services Review;Summer2004, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p151
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has recently adopted Rule 11Ac1-5 that requires market centers to disclose statistical information regarding their order execution practices. The rule enables investors to assess the quality of execution for different types and sizes of orders in...
- New disclosure obligations come into force. Brooker, Mike // Chartered Accountants Journal;Jul2004, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p59
Outlines the disclosure requirement to the Securities Markets Act which came into force on May 3, 2004 in New Zealand. Extension of the disclosure obligation to officers of a public securities issuer; Definition of an officer; Time of disclosure; Form and method of disclosure.
- Tobacco Bonds Rise After Appeal Bond's Reinstatement. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31701, p36
Reports on the rise of municipal tobacco bond yields in the secondary market after Illinois judge reinstate appeal bond. Increase in basis points of tobacco bond yields; Range of municipal tobacco bond yields; Responses of various analysts on the decision of judge and its impact on the market.
- Secondary Gets a Shot in the Arm. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;4/6/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32355, p1
The article reports on the increase in secondary trading during the first quarter of 2006 in the U.S. The total trade volume for the period is five percent ahead compared to the 2005 rate, according to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board. Inter-broker dealers Hartfield, Titus and Donnelly...
- Market Post: Investors Seek High Yield as Puerto Rico Slows. Flynn, Hillary; Bonello, Maria // Bond Buyer;3/19/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34078, p1
The article reports that municipal bond buyers are keen for high-yield products in the secondary market as light issuance kept the market steady in Puerto Rico in March 2014. It states that newly issued term bonds of Puerto Rico provide firming as they settled into traditional municipal buyers'...
- Munis Stay Sluggish; N.J. TTFA Sells $1.5B. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/15/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 38, p10
The article reports on the slow performance of the municipal market as the New Jersey Transportation Trust Fund Authority (NJTTFA) is priced with 1.5 billion U.S. dollar debt in New Jersey. The investors passiveness of investing in the secondary market contributes to the sluggishness of the...