MBIA Announces a Net Loss of Less Than 1% in 2Q Profits
- MBIA's New Insurer Gets Some Bites. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;3/4/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33074, p1
The article reports that MBIA Insurance Corp. of Illinois, to be renamed National Public Finance Guaranty Corp. by MBIA Inc., has received five requests to provide bond insurance in both the primary and secondary market. The public finance company is considering two after turning down three...
- Bond Insurers: MBIA Nets $156 Million in Fourth Quarter, Up 15% Over 2000. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;2/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31319, p31
Reports on an increase in net income of bond insurer company MBIA Inc. during the fourth quarter of the year 2001. Total amount of income by the company in the duration; Percentage increase in the income of the company compared to the fourth quarter of 2001; Insurance income for the company...
- MBIA's Losses Overseas Diminish Net Income Increase. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;5/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31382, p5
Reports the increasing net income of bond insurer MBIA Inc. in New York. Adjustment of direct premiums in the global finance business; Growth of the domestic public finance; Consistency of the business activity.
- MBIA's 1st-Quarter net income rose 2%. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;05/06/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30635, p31
Reports on MBIA Insurance Corp.'s financial performance for the first quarter of 1999. Net income; Earnings per share; After tax charge.
- MBIA's Stock Falls Amid Interest Payment Doubts. // American Banker;7/11/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 106, p7
The article focuses on MBIA Inc., a bond insurer whose stock price fell after the New York State Department of Financial Services failed to approve a July 16, 2012 payment on surplus notes maturing in 2033 by its unit, MBIA Insurance Corp. The financial market's reaction to the uncertainty of...
- MBIA Spins Off Public Finance-Only Insurer. Herman, Jack; Ackerman, Andrew; Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;2/19/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33065, p1
The article announces that MBIA Inc. has restructured its insurance subsidiaries form a new public finance-only insurer that will separately operate from its structured finance business in the U.S. The bond insurance subsidiary MBIA Insurance Corp. ceded its entire $537 billion book of public...
- San Diego District Watching Market Closely Before Issuing $350M. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p32
Reports that the California's San Diego Unified School District is considering market conditions before issuing a resized refunding loans. Bond insurance by MBIA Insurance Corp.; Structures of the offering.
- Untitled. // Bond Buyer;10/16/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32487, p37
The article presents several charts related to bond market in the U. S. One chart shows the top bond counsel for the first nine months of 2006, in which Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP ranked first having a total dollar amount of $22, 509.8, followed by Sidley Austin LLP with $13, 095.3. Ambac...
- MBIA Begins Offering Insurance on BondLink. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;10/05/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30990, p2
Reports that MBIA Insurance Corp. is offering municipal bond insurance in the secondary market through its partnership with Trading Edge Inc.'s BondLink. Bond-trading platform; BondLink system's premium quote and insurance selling services; Eventuality of online bond municipal bond trading.