Developer Delays Plans for $360M Hotel-Convention Project in Florida
- Tucson to Use Taxes, Facility Revenues for New Arena, Hotel. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/11/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32605, p3
The article reports on the plan of Tucson, Arizona to use bonds backed by facility revenues and sales and hotel taxes to finance construction of a downtown hotel, arena and renovation of convention center. The hotel and arena, expected to cost large sum of money, would be built adjacent to the...
- Florida's Osceola County Preparing Documents for Convention Center Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/9/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31901, p32
Reports that the Osceola County commissioners in Florida have approved a timeline to prepare bond documents for the convention center and hotel project in the county. Cost of the project; Negotiators for the bond issuance; Developer of the convention center and hotel project.
- Sacramento to Use Garage Revenues for Convention Center Hotel Bonds. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;04/13/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30618, p32
Reports on the Sacramento, California, City Financing Authority's plans to issue bonds to finance a convention center in the city. Structure of the bond issue; Investment risks; Security for the debt; Target investors.
- Convention center opponents challenge authority's right to certain taxes. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;08/24/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30463, p5
Focuses on the letter sent by opponents of the planned District of Columbia convention center to the Washington Convention Center Authority, which challenges the city's authority to collect taxes escrowed to back the sale of bonds for the project. Highlights of the letter; General counsel to...
- Nebraska near passing Omaha convention center bill. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;05/19/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30644, p23
Reports that Nebraska lawmakers moved a step closer to passing a bill that would provide about a third of the money Omaha needs to build a convention center project. Value of the project; Preliminary victories of the bill; General obligation bond issue; Funding mechanism.
- Cuyahoga Sets Medical Mart Deal. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;11/24/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33422, p1
The article offers information on the bond sale of Cuyahoga County, Ohio which is set for a December 1, 2010 pricing. It states that the deal will help finance a new convention center and medical supply mart in Cleveland. It notes that the medical mart is a year-round medical supply showroom,...
- San Antonio Selling $70M of Hotel Occupancy Tax Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/18/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32468, p6
The article reports that San Antonio, Texas will go to market with a $70.2 million offering of hotel occupancy tax subordinate-lien revenue refunding bonds. Proceeds from the deal will take out debt issued in 1996 to finance an expansion of the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. The deal is...
- ARKANSAS: Hot Springs Tax Nears End. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/10/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32604, p9
The article reports that 0.5% sales tax will expire on June 1, 2007 because all the bonds have been redeemed in Arkansas. The tax is pledged to revenue bonds that financed an expansion project at the Hot Springs Civic & Convention Center. In May 2001, voters have approved the tax to support...
- Dallas Ready to Go Ahead With $496M for Convention Center Hotel. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/17/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33167, p4
The article offers updates on the construction of convention center hotel in Dallas, Texas. It notes that bonds worth 496 million dollars will be issued by the city of Dallas on August 24, 2009, provided that the market will permit, for the 1,000-room convention center hotel project. It mentions...