Schaumburg, III., Sells $239M, Mostly for Hotel, Convention Center
- A Productive May: Maryland Trio Readies Plans to Sell Nearly $600 Million. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/12/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31633, p6
Baltimore plans to sell $194 million tomorrow, a mixture of new-money and both current-and advance-refunding bonds, along with auction-rate and variable-rate bonds.The sale, via negotiation with Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc., involves $106.3 million in consolidated public-improvement refunding...
- CTL activity slow but strong. Homer, Eric // Asset Securitization Report;6/10/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 23, p17
Focuses on the lease bond transaction of CTL conductors at Legg Mason Wood Walker for the Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Railway Company. Use of deal proceeds in the intermodal rail yard; Terms of the transaction; Citation of closing a credit tenant lease transaction.
- Agency to Sell $52M for Clark Atlanta University, Either This Week or Next. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/6/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31919, p5
Reports that the Atlanta Development Authority is preparing to issue revenue bonds for Clark Atlanta University in Georgia. Sale of the bonds through negotiation with Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc. and RBC Dain Rauscher Inc.; Financial adviser and bond counsel of the deal; Possible factor that...
- Tobacco bonds. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;11/24/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30775, p6
Presents a digest of a Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc. research on the impact of the potential financial strain on the corporate credit ratings of major tobacco companies in the United States. Warning for investors to consider the structure of the issues when assessing bonds backed by the national...
- Single, Multifamily Deals. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;4/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31856, p33
Reports on the plan of the Maryland Community Development Administration to sell single-family residential revenue bonds on April 26, 2004 and multifamily housing revenue bonds on May 10, 2004. Caine Mitter & Associates and Columbia Equity Financial Corp. as financial advisers for the...
- Legg Mason adding to its bank offerings. Kapiloff, Howard; Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;9/25/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 184, p15
Reports on Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc.'s addition of a menu of portfolios it offers to bank trust departments. Offer of 12 portfolios of a fund family it manages called Navigator Class; Distributor of funds.
- Legg Brokers Critique Online Venture. // On Wall Street;Jun99, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p22
Looks at a group of brokers from Legg Mason Wood Walkers opposing the plan of the firm to introduce online trading to the market. Details on the online program; Views of the brokers on the program; Comments from James Brinkley, president and chief operating officer of the firm.
- A Niche for All Seasons. Konig, Susan // On Wall Street;Mar2000, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p49
Explains how Gregory Hurlbrink, a Legg Mason Wood Walker representative, profits by targeting small-business owners who have sold their companies. Focus of Hurlbrink; Background of Hurlbrink; Status of Hurlbrink's assets under management.
- Celsion Could Jettison Division. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/17/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p5
Reports that Celsion Corp. has retained Legg Mason Wood Walker to explore strategic options for its Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia division including a sale of the unit.