June Personal Income Up, Personal Spending Down
- May Personal Income, Spending Each Up 0.4%. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;7/3/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32415, p2
The article reports the increase in personal income and consumption in May 2006, according to data from the U.S. Department of Commerce. Following a revised 0.7 percent increase in April, personal income for May rose by $38.3 billion to about $10.733 trillion, while spending increased up to...
- Jan. personal income, spending both rise. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;03/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30589, p2
Focuses on a report by the United States Department of Commerce showing the increase in income of American workers as of December 1998. Rise in workers' rate of consumption; Factors behind the gains in income.
- Personal Income Off 0.2%; Core PCE Increases 0.2%. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33088, p2
The article presents the results of the personal income report for the U.S. for 2009. It states that personal income declined 0.2% in February, while personal consumption expenditures grew 0.2%. In addition, private wages dropped $29.9 billion after decreasing $27.1 billion in January. The...
- Income rose 0.5%; spending 0.8% in Dec. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30570, p2
Reports on the growth of American workers' income in December 1998 and their rate of consumption, according to the United States Commerce Department.
- Personal income rose 0.4% in Sept., while consumer spending slowed. Emert, Carol // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/31/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 81, p5
Focuses on a report released on October 30, 1995 by the Commerce Department which shows an increase in personal income and a slowdown in consumer spending in the United States. Most of the income increase as from wages and salaries; Modest pick-up in employment; Spending on nondurable and...
- PER CAPITA INCOME REGISTERS INCREASE. // Labor Law Journal;Sep69, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p590
The article provides statistical information on per capita income in the U.S. released by the Department of Commerce. The rise from 1966 to 1967 had been much smaller--$182, or 6 per cent. In dollar terms, the 1968 gain was the greatest on record. Regionally, gains in per capita income in 1968...
- Consumer Spending, Personal Income Climb. Rozelle, Walter N. // Textile World;May99, Vol. 149 Issue 5, p13
Reports that consumer spending increased faster than personal income in February 1999 according to the United States Department of Commerce. Comparison of statistics; Status of construction spending.
- July Personal Income +0.5%; Personal Spending +0.8%. McConnell, Alison L.; Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;9/1/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32458, p2
The article provides updates on the conditions of personal income and spending in the U.S. for July 2006. According to Commerce Department, personal income increased by $60.2 billion to about $11.015 trillion after an unrevised 0.6% and personal spending increased $78.7 billion to $9.353...
- Personal Income Flat; Spending Down 0.5%. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;11/2/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33209, p2
The article reports on the trends in personal spending and core personal consumption expenditures (PCE) in the U.S. The Commerce Department stated that personal spending dropped 0.5% in September 2009, while PCE increased 0.1% in the month. It notes that personal income was on a flat level in...